Thursday 26/3/20 Activities:
Hello Year 4! I am missing you already! Hope you are all well :)
Thank you to those sending me lots of pictures on dojo. If you haven't been doing so, please send me any completed work that I have set that isn't on Purple Mash via email or class dojo as I love seeing your completed work. I can't wait to see what you all get up to!
Here are your activities to complete today:
- Choose an activity from your maths booklet to complete
- Complete 'A-fish-metic' in your 'to do' on Purple Mash. There will be a group of fish in the sea. There will be a target number - work out what you need to time the fish by to get the target number. EG. If you had a group of 3 fish and your target number was 36, you would need to multiply the group of 3 fish by 12. Make sure you press 'save and exit' before closing the page.
- Practice the ‘multiplication’ game on purple mash in your ‘to do’ folder OR complete a page from your times table booklet.
- Use 'supermovers' on the BBC website to stay active.
- 15 minutes of reading a book.
- At least one ‘Read theory’ activity.
- Complete one activity in your reading booklet.
- Complete a page of spellings from your spelling booklet.
- Or practice your spellings in your reading record.Remember to find the definition of each word, write each word into a ‘WOW’ sentence and practice each word in different ways.
- Go onto Pobble 365 website where there will be a new picture and activities each day. Please chose an activity to complete in your homework book or on paper.
- OR complete one improving sentence activity from your booklet.
- Complete 'Word Combos' on your 'to do' on Purple Mash. Make sure you press 'save and exit' before closing the page. You will get a page of words. At the top, it will tell you which word class to choose. eg. It might say 'adjective noun verb. From your words you will need to choose an adjective first, then a noun and finally a verb. An example of what you might finish with is: small dog barking.
- If you have an IDL account, log in and complete a lesson.
Computing - 2 Code
We have been looking at how to code in ICT.
Go on the computing section of Purple Mash, click on '2Code' and complete a coding activity in the 'Gibbon' section.
If that's too tricky, try an activity in 'Chimp'.
If the Gibbon is too easy, try an activity in 'Gorilla'.
Please make sure you click on the red arrow and 'save and exit' not just 'exit' to make sure your work has been saved.
Search 'Hokusai water art'. Using any art materials you have at home (crayons, colouring pencils, paints, newspapers/magazines, coloured paper ect.) create a piece of water art in Hokusai's style. He mainly does the waves of the sea!
Please dojo me a picture of your beautiful art work!
Joe Wick's daily workout for children - This can be found on Youtube and the live session is from 9am daily.