Friday 27/3/20 Activities:
Hello Year 4! I am missing you already! Hope you are all well :)
Thank you to those sending me lots of pictures on dojo. If you haven't been doing so, please send me any completed work that I have set that isn't on Purple Mash via email or class dojo as I love seeing your completed work. I can't wait to see what you all get up to!
Here are your activities to complete today:
- Choose an activity from your maths booklet to complete
- Complete 'Numbers over 1000 - order and compare' in your 'to do' on Purple Mash. Make sure you press 'save and exit' before closing the page. Place the given numbers in order. Remember to look at your thousands first, then your hundreds, then your tens and finally your ones!
- Practice the ‘multiplication’ game on purple mash in your ‘to do’ folder OR complete a page from your times table booklet.
- Use 'supermovers' on the BBC website to stay active.
- 15 minutes of reading a book.
- At least one ‘Read theory’ activity.
- Complete one activity in your reading booklet.
- Complete a page of spellings from your spelling booklet.
- Or practice your spellings from your reading record. Remember to find the definition of each word, write each word into a ‘WOW’ sentence and practice each word in different ways.
- Make a word search using your weekly spellings!
- Go onto Pobble 365 website where there will be a new picture and activities each day. Please chose an activity to complete in your homework book or on paper.
- OR complete one improving sentence activity from your booklet.
- Complete 'Special Delivery' on your 'to do' on Purple Mash. Make sure you press 'save and exit' before closing the page. Write a letter that you could send to an elderly relative, a neighbour, friend or family member to make them smile in this tough time!
Print your letter off and send it to the person to cheer them up :)
- If you have an IDL account, log in and complete a lesson
Chester Zoo Live Lesson
Choose one or a few of the live lessons to watch on Chester Zoo's Facebook.
As you can't come to the zoo right now, we’ll bring the zoo to you!
Join us LIVE from 10am when we'll be throwing open our 'virtual gates.'
Timetable of live lessons:
10:00 👉 Red pandas 🐼
11:00 👉 Rothschild's giraffes 🦒
12:00 👉 Asian elephants 🐘
13:00 👉 Butterflies 🦋
14:00 👉 Sun bears 🐻
14:30 👉 Sumatran tigers 🐅
14:45 👉 Humboldt penguins 🐧
16:00 👉 Aquarium* 🐠
As you can all probably guess, I'll definitely be watching the GIRAFFES at 11am!!
Activity : Write a fact file based on what you learnt about one of the animals.
Joe Wick's daily workout for children - This can be found on Youtube and the live session is from 9am daily.
Please send me a picture of your den and I look forward to seeing who makes the coolest den!!