You have made it to the end of the ‘school’ week! Well done! Have a lovely weekend.
Here are today’s activities -
1.Practice your times tables on Purple Mash or TTRockstars.
2.Use this link for 'White Rose Hub Home Learning' - https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-4/
We are now on SUMMER TERM WEEK 3 (w/c 11th May).
Friday's on white rose hub, are 'Challenge Friday's'. -
Summer Term Week 3 (w/c 11th April) - LESSON 5 'MATHS CHALLENGE'.
The most suitable challenges for us in year 4 are: 1,2,3,4, and 5. Have a go and see how you get on! Perhaps you could challenge a family member - first to get the answer wins a point!
The activity and answers are on the website for 'Challenge Friday' but I have also put the PDF of them below.
Focus theme: Inspirational People!
When following links, parents should monitor that children are remaining on that page only and are keeping safe online.
1. My Inspiration Book.
Today, you are going to take all the information that you have researched this week and present it in a book of inspiration.
You can present your book in any way you like. You may choose to make a squash book. If so, use the video below. Once you have made it, write your facts into the different triangular and square sections inside. Include information you have read about this week - some of the inspirational women you read about on Monday, Martin Luther King, Greta Thunberg, Captain Tom and the person/people who inspire you. You can add some pictures/drawings too.
(Keep pausing the video to make it easier for you to follow. If you can, ask an adult to help you. Instead of using double sided sticky tape you can use glue).
Use the beautifully presented Fantastic Women extracts from Monday as inspiration. Add some colour, drawings and design to your book. Have fun and be creative with it!
Please send me a picture of your 'Inspiration Book' on dojo!
Every Friday, on your 'to do' folder on Purple Mash, I have set a quiz of a random mixture of the Year 3/4 spelling words that you need to know.
1. Please complete the quiz.
2. Write down the correct spelling of any that you get incorrect and learn them using the methods that you can remember from the booklet that we do in school. eg. rainbow colours, pyramids, word search, write them in pictures, draw shapes around them ect.
1. Please make sure you are reading at least 20 minutes daily - there are lots of free books to read online via EPIC (a free app) or the library service.
2. Complete an activity on read theory, classroom secrets or from your reading booklet.
Today, we will be continuing our topic of the Lake District.
1. We are going on a trip to Bowness on Windermere. Use street view on Google Maps to have a look round the area. Find out what kind of tourist activities are there in the town ( boats, museums, watersports).
2. Design a poster advertising Windermere as a tourist destination using the facts you have learnt from Google Maps and the tourist activities. You can handwrite your poster or type it. You are trying to persuade someone to go on a day trip to Bowness on Windermere so make your poster:
- Eye catching (add colour!)
- Well set out (use sub-headings and drawings/images of the area)
Please remember your writing skills when adding writing to your poster and remember to send me a picture of it :)
As a lot of us enjoy doing these, complete a 'Draw with Rob' of your choice.