Hi everyone! I hope that you are all OK at home. Please keep in touch and let me know how you are getting on. Even if it just to say hi! I hope that you all have a lovely weekend!
**Please just do what work you can and please please don’t worry if you don’t do it all. I’d rather give you lots to keep you busy than not enough. If you wish to do alternative activities, that is also absolutely fine. Just do what is right for your family situation. Also, if you get stuck or are unsure, please just ask me. **
Today’s activities are as follows:
Theme: Climate Change
When following links online, parents should monitor that children are remaining on that page only and are keeping safe online.
I hope that you have enjoyed the last few weeks focusing on Climate Change, now try some additional activities:
• Watch the clip Climate Change Doesn’t Just Hurt Icebergs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEvmwNoMYEg
• Read these two extracts to find out more about what you can do to help combat climate change. Both are attached below.
• Further explore the climate crisis here with this PDF poster: https://www.wwf.org.uk/sites/default/files/202002/WWF_Climate_Explainer.pdf
Now you have read/watched all of this, now create your own poster.
• Enjoyed learning about environmental issues? Here are some things that you may be interested to watch:
- Watch How We Can Keep Plastics Out of Our Ocean? (National Geographic): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQTUWK7CM-Y
- Watch Earth’s Ekko – Together We Can Make a World of Difference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyIkKHS0ZmE (20min programme).
Computing – Networks
LO: To understand what a network is and how it works.
We often talk about the school network in computing when we mention saving things to the Pupil drive or the Teacher area. But what does that actually mean and how does it work? Go to: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/guides/zc6rcdm/revision/2
and read the information. Make notes in your Green Book and then have a go at the quiz at the end.
French – Colour of food
Question: C’est de quelle couleur? (What colour is it?)
Answer: C’est…. (It is….)
Using the food pictures and the colour prompt sheets attached below, practise asking what colour different foods are and replying by saying what colour they are. Write some sentences (in French) in your green book.
And as always, any questions please just ask.