You have made it to the end of the ‘school’ week! Well done! Have a lovely weekend.
Here are today’s activities -
1.Practice your times tables on Purple Mash or TTRockstars.
2.Use this link for 'White Rose Hub Home Learning' - https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-4/
We are now on SUMMER TERM WEEK 1 (w/c 20th April).
Friday's on white rose hub, are 'Challenge Friday's'. -
Summer Term Week 1 (w/c 20th April) - LESSON 5 'MATHS CHALLENGE'.
The most suitable challenges for us in year 4 are; 1,2,3,4, and 5. Have a go and see how you get on! Perhaps you could challenge a family member - first to get the answer wins a point!
As always, the answers are there for you to use to mark your answers :)
1. Orally retell the story of The Abominables so far to someone in your house.
2. Plan and write your own chapter of what you think will happen next.
What will happen to Lucy?
Where will she end up?
Will anybody (humans) see her? What will Agatha and the family do when they wake up?
Will they go after her?
Are they all in danger?
3. Plan your chapter using a method that we have used at school before, e.g. a story mountain, a story board etc.
4. When you write your chapter, think about all the writing techniques that you have been taught and see how many you can use in your chapter. Can you include any of the new words that you have explored this week? Please include fronted adverbials for where, when, how and use subordinate conjunctions (as, when, whilst, since, after, although, because, before )
Read back your chapter out loud and check your spelling and punctuation.
Please email or dojo me a picture of your chapter - I can’t wait to read them and post them for others to read on our class story :)
1. Please make sure you are reading at least 20 minutes daily - there are lots of free books to read online via EPIC (a free app) or the library service.
2. Listen to me reading chapter 22 of Varjak Paw here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC31DVk_bURfrZg3gipraSeA?view_as=subscriber
3. Complete an activity on read theory, classroom secrets or from your reading booklet.
Every Friday, on your 'to do' folder on Purple Mash, I have set a quiz of a random mixture of the Year 3/4 spelling words that you need to know.
1. Please complete the quiz.
2. Write down the correct spelling of any that you get incorrect and learn them using the methods that you can remember from the booklet that we do in school. eg. rainbow colours, pyramids, word search, write them in pictures, draw shapes around them ect.
Today, we are going to carry on with our History topic of the Vikings.
1. Using the PowerPoint below, found out all about 'Viking Life'.
2. Using what you have learnt about the Vikings from the powerpoint, below I have uploaded a viking board game with cards that you can print off and play with someone at home. Let me know how you get on! Or you can create your own game based on the Vikings to play with your family.There are some question templates below that you might like to use to create your game.