Good morning all,
You have made it to the end of the ‘school’ week! Well done! Have a lovely weekend :)
The PDF documents for today's activities are at the bottom of this webpage.
Here are today’s activities -
1.Practice your times tables on Purple Mash or TTRockstars.
2.Use this link for 'White Rose Hub Home Learning' - https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-4/
We are now on SUMMER TERM WEEK 5 (w/c 18th May).
Friday's on white rose hub, are 'Challenge Friday's'. -
Summer Term Week 5 (w/c 18th April) - LESSON 5 'MATHS CHALLENGE'.
The most suitable challenges for us in year 4 are: 1,2,3,4, and 5. Have a go and see how you get on! Perhaps you could challenge a family member - first to get the answer wins a point!
The activity and answers are on the website for 'Challenge Friday' but I have also put the PDF of them below.
Focus Text : The Secret Lake by Karen Inglis
When following links, parents should monitor that children are remaining on that page only and are keeping safe online.
Today you are going to write the next part of the story from the plan that you created yesterday.
When you are writing, think about the following:
-write in the past tense -write in third person (Stella went ... they found ... etc.)
- Use paragraphs when you change scene or change time
- Use some of the words you have explored this week
- Include some Year 4 sentence types/ grammar skills that you have covered, e.g. fronted adverbials for where or when, or complex sentences with adverb starters (Carefully lowering himself down from the tree, Tom surveyed the uneven ground in front of him.)
-Include some dialogue between the characters. Make sure that you use inverted commas (speech marks) and other punctuation to indicate direct speech, e.g. “I wonder where Harry goes every time,” Tom said with a frown as he picked at the mound of grass with his trowel.
You could try showing characterisation through the use of description, action and dialogue, e.g. Tom stepped back and kicked the log in frustration. “Look,” said Stella firmly, “it’s no use making a fuss now. We’ll come back tomorrow.”
Remember to keep reading through your work to check it makes sense and to check for spelling and punctuation.
Every Friday, on your 'to do' folder on Purple Mash, I have set a quiz of a random mixture of the Year 3/4 spelling words that you need to know.
1. Please complete the quiz.
2. Write down the correct spelling of any that you get incorrect and learn them using the methods that you can remember from the booklet that we do in school. eg. rainbow colours, pyramids, word search, write them in pictures, draw shapes around them ect.
1. Please make sure you are reading at least 20 minutes daily - there are lots of free books to read online via EPIC (a free app) or the library service.
2. Complete an activity on read theory, classroom secrets or from your reading booklet.
This week, we are going to continue learning more about the Vikings. When you see pictures of Vikings, they often have wear a helmet with 2 horns on but this is not a true fact. Watch the video clip below about' Viking Clothing' and do some of your own research to find evidence of what they actually wore.
Draw and label a Viking man and woman in your work book or on paper at home. Add colour if you have colours at home! Make sure you colour their clothes in the correct colours.
As a lot of us enjoy doing these, complete a 'Draw with Rob' of your choice.