Friday 22nd May 2020.
Tomorrow (Saturday 23rd May 2020) is the Islamic Holiday of Eid. Normally in school, we would have an enrichment day where we celebrate this day/festival with our Islamic community within school. As we are not able to do it in school this year, I am hoping we can do some fun activities together as a class to celebrate this religious holiday.
Please see the above ‘Attachments’ section for resources to help you complete some of the ideas below. You do not have to use these ideas by any means – they are simply there as a guide to help you.
Have a lovely day and Eid Mubarak to those of you celebrating this festival at home tomorrow!
Eid Home Learning Ideas:
- Decorate a Sadaqah jar craft (Charity jar to add to during Ramadan and throughout lockdown- thinking of those less fortunate).
- Paper lantern craft (To welcome the new moon).
- Design and make Eid cards (You could post them to your friends).
- Eid cooking - a family feast (Plan and make some sweet Eid treats).
- Star and moon crafts as the sign of Islam (Paper plates/Coat hangers).
- Sunrise art – there have been some beautiful sunsets/sunrises to get inspiration from.
- Write a good deeds diary- a day of thinking of others, this could include prayers, random acts of kindness, ways to contact friends/families/neighbours during lockdown).
- Future family plans jar- all the things to look forward to after lock down (Add these to a decorated jar - messages of hope).
- Paper chains to decorate the room - getting in the mood to celebrate and give thanks.
- Mendhi designs- Islamic art.