Verbally retell the story of 'The Train To Impossible Places' so far to a family member.
- Your task today is to write your own chapter of what you think will happen next in your homework yellow book.
1. Think about all the writing techniques that you have been taught and see how many you can use in your chapter: capital letters at the start of sentences and for proper nouns (names, places, months, days ect.), full stops at the end of sentences, beautiful joined handwriting, expanded noun phrases eg. a small girl with long, golden hair (can you use a power of 3 too?), subordinate conjunctions in your sentences (as, although, when, whilst, since, because, after) and fronted adverbials for when, where and how. eg, One crisp winters morning,... The next day,... Rapidly running through the field,... At the side of the house,...
Can you include any of the new words that you have explored this week?
2. Read back your chapter out loud and check back over your spelling and punctuation.
3. Please send me a picture of your written story on Dojo! If you have chosen to type it, please email me a copy of it :)
1. Open and complete the Mental Arithmetic below. Answer in your homework book or on squared paper. All of the questions are based on learning we have done this year so please remember to use the methods I have taught you. Please show your working out - you do not need to do it in your head.
Please let me know on dojo how you got on! :)
2. Using this link - https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zv8v382
complete at least 2 of the maths challenges on BBC Bitesize. Challenge 4 is on perimeter so definitely have a go at that one!
As a rough guide of difficulty level:
Challenge 1 and 2 are suitable for ages 5 to 7.
Challenge 3 to 5 are suitable for ages 7 to 11.
We want everyone to get involved with challenge day, so work together to solve as many as you can and share your solutions on 'class story' on dojo! Check back on BBC bitesize website on Monday as they post the answers to the challenges then.
1. Please make sure you are reading independently or to an adult for at least 20 minutes and listen to me reading a chapter of our class novel each day.
Complete 'Friday 24th April Spellings' Quiz on Purple Mash in your 'to do'. Please write down the correct spelling of any that you get incorrect and learn them.
Complete 'Friday 22nd April Grammar' activity on Purple Mash in your 'to do'.
Get singing with BBC Bitesize!
Complete the lesson below using the videos and set activities to learn more about melody and pitch. You might want to do some of the activities as a family.