Friday 27th March 2020
Activities to complete today:
- Reading: Spend at least 30 minutes answering reading comprehensions on Read Theory. Link: https://readtheory.org/auth/login?login_error=1
- Reading: Spend at least 30 minutes reading a book of your choice. If possible, adults to ask questions about the book after they have finished reading. Link to possible questions you could ask: https://www.abss.k12.nc.us/cms/lib/NC01001905/Centricity/Domain/36/Parent%20Book%20Talk%20flyer.pdf
- Grammar: ‘Anna and the trampoline’ activity on Purple Mash. This activity tests the children’s understanding of modal verbs – something we did a lot of before we left. This link will help you if you need a refresher: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bREQcdMYBA&safe=active
- Maths: ‘Equivalent fractions’ task on Purple Mash. This activity tests the children’s ability to identify equivalent fractions from earlier in the week using practical models. If you are unsure, please look at my video on equivalent fractions on the ‘Class Story’ section of Class Dojo from earlier this week called 'Quick equivalent fraction recap on the board'.
- Maths: ‘Addition and Subtraction of Fractions’ activity. This activity is on the ‘Attachments’ subheading of my class page on today’s date. Send your photos and answers to me on my email (email@example.com) or on Class Dojo. The answers are on the second page of the attachment.
Activities to be completed by next Monday (CONTINUED FROM YESTERDAY):
- Writing: The children need to familiarise themselves with the Greek Myth of Jason and the Argonauts. Here is just one of the many video clips available online: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peFwikd2-bw. The children’s writing tasks this week are to:
- Read/watch the story of Jason and the Argonauts.
- Write a storyboard of what happens in the story, including drawings to help them internalise the story.
- To create a vocabulary bank for each of the main characters using an online thesaurus. *The children should be very familiar with this writing sequence as we do this with every piece of writing we do. Work should be completed in their writing books or on Microsoft Word. The work does not need to be emailed to me until Monday next week.
- Spellings: Instead of project work this week – children need to work on their spellings. Page 52 of the ‘NNS Year 5’ document are spellings that the children need to be able to spell by the end of the year. Please practise these daily in groups of no more than 5. If your child has been sent their own personalised spelling sheet – please practise these instead.
If you have any questions about any of the above, please contact myself on Class Dojo.