Friday 3/4/20 Activities
Hello Year 4! Thank you for all your hard work over the past 2 weeks. It's the last day of "school" for 2 weeks. I know it has been very unusual but you have all done so well. You have worked really hard and i'm very proud of you for that :)
Here are your activities to complete today:
- Complete '3x, 4x and 8x Card Games?' in your 'to do' on Purple Mash. Use your 3, 4 and 8 times table facts to match the answer to the calculation in a card game! Make sure you press 'save and exit' before closing the page.
- Log into your 'Kids Classroom Secrets' account and complete a Year 4 maths activity of your choice.
- Or choose an activity from your maths booklet to complete.
- Practice the ‘multiplication’ game on purple mash in your ‘to do’ folder OR complete a page from your times table booklet.
- 15 minutes of reading a day.
- Or listen to David Williams reading 'Grandpa's Great Escape'. https://soundcloud.com/world-of-walliams-audio/grandpas-great-escape-by-david-walliams-1-3
- Complete at least one ‘Read theory’ activity - please take your time and do not rush! You should be getting at least 80% on each quiz.
- Complete one activity in your reading booklet.
- Make a word search for someone in your home to solve using this weeks spellings. You can handwrite your word search or use a 'word search maker' online!
- Log into your 'Kids Classroom Secrets' account and complete a Year 4 spelling activity of your choice.
- Complete the 'Y4 Spelling 'sc' Quiz' spelling activity in your 'to do' folder on Purple Mash. Please listen to the definition of the word before clicking 'i'm ready!". Then, drag the letters to spell each word.
- Go onto Pobble 365 website where there will be a new picture and activities each day. Please chose an activity to complete in your homework book or on paper.
- Complete 'Word Class' on your 'to do' on Purple Mash where I have made a quiz for you to have a go at. Drag the highlighted words in the sentence to the correct box. Either; noun, adjective or verb. There are hints on the game to help you. Make sure you press 'save and exit' before closing the page.
- Or complete one improving sentence activity from your booklet.
- If you have an IDL account, log in and complete a lesson
Daily Code Breaker!
Today is the last day of our padlock challenge! You will hopefully now have all 4 digits from the previous days and you will now need to follow the instructions on the picture to put the digits in order to unlock the padlock.
Dojo your code to me when you've solved it to see if you have been successful in unlocking the padlock!
Research which animals live in a river. Choose one to research in detail and create a fact file about your chosen animal. Add illustrations and colour to make your fact file look more interesting.
Art - be creative!
Calling all little artists.
Rainbows for Nightingale have launched an initiative to gather together some bright and beautiful drawings by children to send to the NHS Nightingale Hospital.
NHS Nightingale London have requested that you share your images using the hashtag #RainbowsForNightingale
They have kindly asked that you do not put your artwork in the post to them - please take a picture and put it on social media using the hashtag instead.
So how about you spend some of your afternoon today drawing some colourful and cheerful pictures to help brighten up the hospital. What a lovely way to give back! Please head over to Rainbows for Nightingale for further information.
Choose a Supermovers times table song activity to do like we do in class. Have some fun and dance and sing a long!