Well done for all your hard work on the activities that you have completed this week. You have made it to the end of the ‘school’ week! Well done! Have a lovely weekend
1.Practice your times tables on Purple Mash or TTRockstars.
2.Use this link for 'White Rose Hub Home Learning' - https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-4/
We are now on SUMMER TERM WEEK 3 (w/c 4th May).
Please don't skip to this weeks lessons as the lessons follow on from one another and build on skills. Summer week 6 will open automatically when you click on the website so close this and open Summer Week 3.
Today, (using the link above) you will need to watch the video (it is very important that you watch the video first) and complete the activity for -
Summer Term Week 3 (w/c 4th May) - LESSON 3 'DIVIDE 2-DIGIT NUMBER BY 1-DIGIT NUMBER'.
Focus for this week - The World Of Walliams!
When following links online, parents should monitor that children are remaining on that page only and are keeping safe online.
1. You have looked at some extracts this week from books by David Walliams. You might have already read some or all of his books. Do you have a favourite? Why is it your favourite? If you haven’t read any before, which was your favourite extract from this week? Which one made you want to read more?
2. Write a short ‘emoji’ review for two of David Walliams’ books that you have read before, or for the two extracts read this week. Choose some emojis to help with your review. You can find some emojis here: https://emojipedia.org/ people/
An example of an emoji review -
One of my favourite books by David Walliams is Gangsta Granny. I like this book because it is so funny. There are lots of parts that make me laugh, for example when Ben and Granny meet the queen! This part made me .
3. Check your writing for spelling and punctuation.
You could share the reviews with family members or your friends and dojo them to me!
1. On Purple Mash, complete 'Friday 5th June - Quiz'.
This is a quiz based on some of the words you learnt on Purple Mash last half term.
2. Please practice any that you get incorrect using fun methods that we use to practice our spellings in class.
1. Please make sure you are reading at least 20 minutes daily - there are lots of free books to read online via EPIC (a free app) or the library service.
2. Complete an activity on read theory, classroom secrets or from your reading booklet.
We are going to be starting a new topic all about the Lake District. Some of you may have been there for a holiday or a day out.
1. Today, I would like you to use google Earth - https://earth.google.com/web/@0,0,0a,0d,0y,0h,0t,0r/data=KAE
Have a look around the Lake District. What can you see?
2. Visit different towns, villages and tourist destinations. Can you find Bowness on Windermere, Keswick, Ullswater, Kendal. You could also use street view on google maps.
3. List 10 different tourist destinations in the Lake District.
Picture News - Read and enjoy this week's news story using the PDF below.