Good Morning Year 4!
I hope you are ready for another week of home learning. You are all doing such a good job - please keep it up! Try to at least complete the Maths and Literacy activities each day.
As always, I've set some to dos on Purple Mash based on your times tables, grammar and typing. Please try to complete these as often as you can :)
The PDF documents needed for the activities can be found at the bottom of this webpage.
1.Practice your times tables on Purple Mash or TTRockstars.
2.We are now on SUMMER TERM WEEK 5 (w/c 18th May) on White Rose Hub Home Learning.
Please use this link - https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-4/
To watch the video for SUMMER TERM WEEK 5 LESSON 1 - RECOGNISE TENTHS AND HUNDREDTHS
You can access the video online using the link above and please use the PDF below and complete the activity then use the answers PDF to mark your work.
Focus text:The Secret Lake by Karen Inglis
Embark on an adventure with The Secret Lake by Karen Inglis. Two siblings, Tom and Stella, who have recently moved to London from Hong Kong, try to solve the case of a disappearing dog!
When following links, parents should monitor that children are remaining on that page only and are keeping safe online.
1. Have a look at the picture of the front cover of The Secret Lake by Karen Inglis here (don't read it yet!) using the link for 'The Secret Lake' at the bottom of this web page.
2. What can you see?
Who do you think the characters are?
What is in their hands? What are they doing?
Can you think of any films/TV shows that take you to a secret place? Have you ever been to a secret place? Write down your answers to these questions.
3. Write a short paragraph about any connections that you make, e.g.
This book reminds me of ... because ...
4. Now have a look at the words below; do you know what they mean?
mercilessly, tuft, squinting, loomed, array, communal, vast
Complete a chart for the definition (what the word means) of each word and a synonym (word that mean the same).
Use a dictionary to find definitions and synonyms https://www.wordhippo.com/
1. Complete 'Monday 15th June - Quiz' in your 2do folder on Purple Mash.
This weeks spellings are based on 'scion endings'. We will be learning these spellings throughout the week and completing the quiz again on Thursday so don't worry if you find it tricky!
2. Write down the correct spelling of any that you get incorrect and learn them using the methods that you can remember from the booklet that we do in school. eg. rainbow colours, pyramids, word search, write them in pictures, draw shapes around them ect.
1. Please make sure you are reading at least 20 minutes daily - there are lots of free books to read online via EPIC (a free app) or the library service.
2. Complete an activity on read theory, classroom secrets or from your reading booklet.
Today, we are going to continue our Science topic of 'Light' by finding out about reflection.
1. Have a read through the PowerPoint I have attached below on reflective surfaces.
2. Using what you have at home, carry out the investigation on the PowerPoint using the activity sheet below.You could use material from around the house, like tin foil, a white t shirt, a hi viz jacket, grease proof paper, a carrier bag ect. Be creative with what you could use at home!
3. Which material would you use to create a design on the book bag? Why?.
Picture News - Read and enjoy this week's news story using the PDF below.