Good morning Year 4!
I hope you are ready for another week of home learning. You are all doing such a good job - please keep it up! Try to at least complete the Maths and Literacy activities each day.
As always, I've set some to dos on Purple Mash based on your times tables, grammar and typing. Please try to complete these as often as you can :)
1.Practice your times tables on Purple Mash or TTRockstars.
2.Use this link for 'White Rose Hub Home Learning' - https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-4/
We are now on SUMMER TERM WEEK 2 (w/c 27th April).
Please don't skip to this weeks lessons as the lessons follow on from one another and build on skills. Summer week 5 will open automatically when you click on the website so close this and open Summer Week 2.
Today, (using the link above) you will need to watch the video and complete the activity for -
Summer Term Week 2 (w/c 27th April) - LESSON 1 ‘ROUND DECIMALS'.
Focus text for this week: Fantastic Beasts!
Do you believe in the Abominable Snowman? What about the Loch Ness Monster? Enjoy a week discovering some fantastic beasts and maybe create one of your own!
When following links online, parents should monitor that children are remaining on that page only and are keeping safe online.
1. Watch Bigfoot of the Himalayas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7teeATb0 b9E (up to 2:26 mins)
2. Now read Yeti Facts for Kids here: https://kids.kiddle.co/Y eti
Make sure you click on the blue words to find out more about what they mean.
3. Once you have read this, click on the words, ‘Big Foot’ under Related Pages. This will take you to a page all about Big Foots. Read the information.
4. From all that you have seen and read today, create a fact page/poster all about Yetis and Big Foots to inform children in primary school.
-a labelled drawing of both a Yeti and a Big Foot
-subheadings -similarities and differences
-fact boxes (quick facts)
-important dates -locations for each -any other information that you find interesting.
Remember to read back through your work and check your spelling and punctuation.
i forward to seeing a picture of your fact file on class dojo :)
1. Please make sure you are reading at least 20 minutes daily - there are lots of free books to read online via EPIC (a free app) or the library service.
2. Listen to me reading chapter 23 of Varjak Paw here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC31DVk_bURfrZg3gipraSeA?view_as=subscriber
3. Complete an activity on read theory, classroom secrets or from your reading booklet.
Complete the 'Monday 18th May Quiz' on Purple Mash. This weeks spellings are based on 'adding suffixes' (a sound at the end of a word). We will be learning these spellings throughout the week and completing the quiz again at the end of the week so don't worry if you find it tricky!
Picture News - Read and enjoy this week's news story using the PDF below.
Our artist from the North West this week is Oasis!
Listen to ‘Don’t look back in anger’ here - https://youtu.be/cmpRLQZkTb8
Parents - PLEASE SUPERVISE CHILDREN WHILST LISTENING TO THIS SONG TO ENSURE FURTHER LINKS ARE NOT CLICKED
Manchester had a very vibrant music scene in the about 25 years ago and Oasis were leading the way. This is a lovely song all about moving on with no regrets, making the best out of your situation and not looking back. It was an anthem for the city follwoing the attacks on Manchester arena which happened 2 years ago next week.
Do you like the song? What instruments can you hear? Can you find the pulse? How is the song structured? Is there a chorus? What about a hook?