Monday 20th April 2020.
Activities to complete today (if you can):
- Reading: Spend at least 30 minutes answering reading comprehensions on Read Theory. Link: https://readtheory.org/auth/login?login_error=1
- Reading: Spend at least 30 minutes reading a book of your choice. If possible, adults to ask questions about the book after they have finished reading. Link to possible questions you could ask: https://www.abss.k12.nc.us/cms/lib/NC01001905/Centricity/Domain/36/Parent%20Book%20Talk%20flyer.pdf
- Grammar: ‘Word Splits’ exercise on Purple Mash. Activity will focus on learning how to identify word classes e.g. nouns, adjectives, verbs etc. Link: https://www.purplemash.com/sch/ststephenspr1
- Maths: In maths this week – we will be trialling a new resource. This is the White Rose Hub Home Learning resources. On the below link, there is a maths lesson each day. It has a video – which you can watch so you understand what you have to do. There is then a task/challenge for your child to complete – after they watch the video. And finally, there is an answers sheet to help you mark the work. I will be asking for feedback for the end of the week as to how it has gone. (If the work is too tricky for your child, you could try the Year 4 link instead and have a go at that to build confidence. I hope this helps).
- Writing: My daughter’s favourite storybook character is the Gruffalo. I have attached a picture of the Gruffalo – alongside a brief description.
What I would like you to do today is draw, make or build your favourite storybook character from a book you have read. I then want you to write a brief description of the character (use the Gruffalo example as a guide).
I then want you to post pictures of your character and its description (if you can) on the ‘Class Story’ section of our Class Dojo page. I cannot wait to see your favourite characters!
As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact myself on Class Dojo.