Good Morning Year 4!
I hope you are ready for another week of home learning. You are all doing such a good job - please keep it up! Try to at least complete the Maths and Literacy activities each day.
As always, I've set some to dos on Purple Mash based on your times tables, grammar and typing. Please try to complete these as often as you can :)
The PDF documents needed for the activities can be found at the bottom of this webpage.
1.Practice your times tables on Purple Mash or TTRockstars.
2.We are now on SUMMER TERM WEEK 6 (w/c 1st June) on White Rose Hub Home Learning.
Please use this link - https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-4/
To watch the video for SUMMER TERM WEEK 6 LESSON 1 - ADD 2 OR MORE FRACTIONS
You can access the video online using the link above and please use the PDF below and complete the activity then use the answers PDF to mark your work.
Focus theme: Water! (Part 1)
Two weeks of all things water! Marvel at magnificent waterfalls, take a stroll around some fabulous lakes, learn about the water cycle and enjoy some fabulous poetry.
When following links, parents should monitor that children are remaining on that page only and are keeping safe online.
1. Watch and enjoy The Water Bodies explaining different bodies of water on the earth using the link below.
2. Now watch again and make a note of all the different bodies of water that you have heard about. You could present this in a table to show different bodies of water and their features.
Add in any other interesting facts that you hear too.
3. Use the website on Bodies of Water Facts using the link below to find out more information about each body of water and add this into your table. You may find other bodies of water to add in too.
(Scroll down to the section ‘Key Facts and Information’)
4. Make a crossword or a word search using the names of the bodies of water that you have explored today. Can your family or household complete your crossword or wordsearch?
1. Complete 'Monday 22nd June - Quiz' in your 2do folder on Purple Mash.
This weeks spellings are based on the 'ch' sound that sounds like a 'k'. We will be learning these spellings throughout the week and completing the quiz again on Thursday so don't worry if you find it tricky!
2. Write down the correct spelling of any that you get incorrect and learn them using the methods that you can remember from the booklet that we do in school. eg. rainbow colours, pyramids, word search, write them in pictures, draw shapes around them ect.
1. Please make sure you are reading at least 20 minutes daily - there are lots of free books to read online via EPIC (a free app) or the library service.
2. Complete an activity on read theory, classroom secrets or from your reading booklet.
Today, we are going to continue our Science topic of 'Light'.
Last week, we learnt about reflective surfaces and some children found out that the most common reflective surface is a mirror.
Read through the powerpoint below about 'Marvellous Mirrors' and have a go at the activity explained on the last slide; writing a mirror message for someone in your family.
Picture News - Read and enjoy this week's news story using the PDF below.