Monday 23rd March 2020
Activities to complete today:
Activities to be completed by next Monday:
- Writing: The children need to familiarise themselves with the Greek Myth of Jason and the Argonauts. Here is just one of the many video clips available online: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peFwikd2-bw. The children’s writing tasks this week are to:
- Read/watch the story of Jason and the Argonauts.
- Write a storyboard of what happens in the story, including drawings to help them internalise the story.
- To create a vocabulary bank for each of the main characters using an online thesaurus.
*The children should be very familiar with this writing sequence as we do this with every piece of writing we do. Work should be completed in their writing books or on Microsoft Word. The work does not need to be emailed to me until Monday next week.
- Spellings: Instead of project work this week – children need to work on their spellings. Page 52 of the ‘NNS Year 5’ document are spellings that the children need to be able to spell by the end of the year. Please practise these daily in groups of no more than 5. If your child has been sent their own personalised spelling sheet – please practise these instead.
If you have any questions about any of the above, please contact myself on Class Dojo.