Good Morning Year 4!
Hope you are all safe and well and ready for another week of home learning :)
You activities for today are:
In maths this week, we will be trialling a new resource. This is the 'White Rose Hub Home Learning' resources which is the scheme we use in school.
On the below link, there is a maths lesson each day with video and an activity for you to complete. Use the answers sheet to help you mark the work. Please make sure you complete LESSON 1 WEEK 1 'RECOGNISE TENTHS AND HUNDREDTHS' not the week beginning 27th April as we didn't use this resource before Easter so we need to start at the beginning.
This weeks Literacy home learning is all about chocolate!!
1. Watch Michael Rosen (the poet himself) perform his poem called 'Chocolate Cake' using this YoutTube link: https://www.youtube.c om/watch?v=7BxQLITd OOc
2. Read Michael Rosen's 'Chocolate Cake' poem on the PDF below.
3.Michael uses onomatopoeia in his poem. Onomatopoeia is when a word imitates the sound of the object or action it refers to, e.g. guzzle. Can you find some examples of onomatopoeia in the poem? Write them in your homework book or on paper. Can you think of an action you might put with that word?
4.Learn to recite (read aloud) the poem putting your own actions and noises to it.
Learn a section at a time and slowly build it up until you can recite it all!
Perform the poem to people in your house.
1. Please make sure you are reading for at least 20 minutes and listen to me reading a chapter of our class novel each day.
2. Complete an activity on read theory each day or a comprehension from your reading pack.
3. If you have IDL, log on and complete a lesson.
Complete the 'Monday 27th April Quiz' on Purple Mash. All of the spellings start with either a 'mis' or 'dis' prefix. We will be learning these spellings throughout the week and completing the quiz again at the end of the week so don't worry if you find it tricky!
NEW TOPIC CHALLENGE: Food technology.
Your task this week is to do a little Design Technology Project (DT Project).
I challenge you all (if you can) to do the following:
- Plan a sandwich that the whole family can all eat together (excluding babies on formula of course!). Who can make the most 'interesting' sandwich? You need to see what ingredients you have in the house – you are not allowed to buy new things from a shop. What bread will you use? or will you use a wrap, pitta bread ect.? What fillings will you use? What vegetables will you use?
- You can plan what it looks like (draw a diagram), plan your ingredients list, write a step-by-step instruction sheet on how to make it, write out a list of equipment you are going to need.
You will have Monday and Tuesday to plan your sandwich.
Music This half term we are going to be thinking about music from the North West!
First of all, The Beatles.
Find out some information about the fab four. Who were they? When did they release their songs? Do you know any of their music?
Listen to yellow submarine here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2uTFF_3MaA
Try to sing along. Do you like the song? What is the hook (the catchy bit) What instruments can you hear?