Good Morning Year 4!
I hope you are ready for another week of home learning. You are all doing such a good job - please keep it up! Try to at least complete the Maths and Literacy activities each day.
As always, I've set some to dos on Purple Mash based on your times tables, grammar and typing. Please try to complete these as often as you can :)
The PDF documents needed for the activities can be found at the bottom of this webpage.
1.Practice your times tables on Purple Mash or TTRockstars.
2.We are now on SUMMER TERM WEEK 7 (w/c 8thJune) on White Rose Hub Home Learning.
Please use this link - https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-4/
To watch the video for SUMMER TERM WEEK 7 LESSON 1 - TENTHS AS DECIMALS
You can access the video online using the link above and please use the PDF below and complete the activity then use the answers PDF to mark your work.
Focus theme: Water! (Part 2)
Two weeks of all things water! Marvel at magnificent waterfalls, take a stroll around some fabulous lakes, learn about the water cycle and enjoy some fabulous poetry.
When following links, parents should monitor that children are remaining on that page only and are keeping safe online.
Today you are going to be reading and watching various explanations of the water cycle.Take a look at the webpage below of the water cycle.
1. Watch the clip, read the information and have a go at the little activity at the bottom too.BBC Bitesize - What is the Water Cycle?
2. Now read through the information below on National Geographic Kids – The Water Cycle. Think about the key words that you have read: evaporation, condensation, precipitation and collection.
Use 'Word Hippo' to make sure you know what these words mean.
3. Imagine that you are a water droplet. You are going to write a description of what happens to you during the water cycle. Be as creative as you can by adding in some description of how you are feeling at each stage.
e.g. I am a water droplet living in the vast ocean. Here is my journey.As I was floating around in the sea, I began to feel warm. The warmth of the sun made me relax until suddenly I was drifting upwards out of the sea. I was evaporating! Nervously I looked around but felt reassured when I saw my friends were with me too.
1. Complete 'Monday 29th June - Quiz' in your 2do folder on Purple Mash.
This weeks spellings are based on 'tion endings'. We will be learning these spellings throughout the week and completing the quiz again on Thursday so don't worry if you find it tricky!
2. Write down the correct spelling of any that you get incorrect and learn them using the methods that you can remember from the booklet that we do in school. eg. rainbow colours, pyramids, word search, write them in pictures, draw shapes around them ect.
1. Please make sure you are reading at least 20 minutes daily - there are lots of free books to read online via EPIC (a free app) or the library service.
2. Complete an activity on read theory, classroom secrets or from your reading booklet
Have a look at the powerpoint below and choose a couple of the activities to have a go at.