Good Morning Year 4!
I hope you are ready for another week of home learning. You are all doing such a good job - please keep it up! Try to at least complete the Maths and Literacy activities each day.
As always, I've set some to dos on Purple Mash based on your times tables, grammar and typing. Please try to complete these as often as you can :)
The PDF documents needed for the activities can be found at the bottom of this webpage.
1.Practice your times tables on Purple Mash or TTRockstars.
2.We are now on SUMMER TERM WEEK 8 (w/c 15thJune) on White Rose Hub Home Learning.
Please use this link - https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-4/
To watch the video for SUMMER TERM WEEK 8 LESSON 1 - WRITE DECIMALS
You can access the video online using the link above and please use the PDF below and complete the activity then use the answers PDF to mark your work.
This week’s unit is based around the book Run Wild by Gill Lewis.
Set in London, it is a story of friendship, skateboarding and wolves! Enjoy reading the opening to the book, finding out about wolves and a little bit on skateboarding too!
When following links, parents should monitor that children are remaining on that page only and are keeping safe online.
1. Before reading the extract below, here are some words to investigate. Use a table to investigate the words: cope, graffiti, forbidden, keen, glare, gritty
2. Now read up to the bottom of page 9 in the extract using the PDF below. Make sure you look out for the words that you have investigated.
3. What are your first impressions of Luke and Scott (the Skull brothers), Izzy, Connor and Asher? Write a short paragraph for each of the characters explaining your first impressions. (Try to complete at least two). Make sure that you use evidence from the text to support your impression.
e.g. I think that Connor is sensible. However, he is easily persuaded. I think this because, at first, he warns the others about entering the gasworks but it only took a packet of crisps to persuade him to go along with them.
When you are deciding which adjectives to use to describe the children, talk about the words with an adult and have a look at some synonyms in a thesaurus or dictionary to help. Think carefully about their meanings and try to use some of them in your writing instead of your first thought.
1. Complete 'Monday 6th July - Quiz' in your 2do folder on Purple Mash.
This weeks spellings are based on '-ous suffix'. We will be learning these spellings throughout the week and completing the quiz again on Thursday so don't worry if you find it tricky!
2. Write down the correct spelling of any that you get incorrect and learn them using the methods that you can remember from the booklet that we do in school. eg. rainbow colours, pyramids, word search, write them in pictures, draw shapes around them ect.
1. Please make sure you are reading at least 20 minutes daily - there are lots of free books to read online via EPIC (a free app) or the library service.
2. Complete an activity on read theory, classroom secrets or from your reading booklet
The Vikings used Runes as an early form of writing. Use the sheet below to write your own Rune message for me.
PE = Follow the timetable below each day