Good morning Year 4!
I hope you are ready for another week of home learning. You are all doing such a good job - please keep it up! Try to at least complete the Maths and Literacy activities each day.
As always, I've set some to dos on Purple Mash based on your times tables, grammar and typing. Please try to complete these as often as you can :)
1.Practice your times tables on Purple Mash or TTRockstars.
2.We are now on SUMMER TERM WEEK 4 (w/c 11th May) on White Rose Hub Home Learning.
Please use this link - https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-4/
To watch the video for SUMMER TERM WEEK 4 LESSON 1 - MULTIPLYING AND DIVIDING PROBLEM SOLVING
You can access the video online using the link above but you now need a school subscription to access the resources for the video. Luckily, we have a school subscription so I have downloaded the resources and put them below. Please use the PDF below and complete the activity then use the answers PDF to mark your work.
Focus theme:Inspirational People!
This week you will be exploring people who inspire us. Delve into facts and find out why these people are inspirational.You’ll also have a chance to think about who inspires you too and make your own ‘Inspiration Book’.
When following links, parents should monitor that children are remaining on that page only and are keeping safe online.
1. Read and enjoy opening extracts from the following books, using the PDFs below, in a series by Kate Pankhurst about several inspirational women.
- Fantastically Great Women Who Saved the Planet
- Fantastically Great Women Who Worked Wonders
- Fantastically Great Women Who Changed the World
As you read, note down unfamiliar vocabulary and use a dictionary/thesaurus, e.g. https://www.wordhippo.com/ to find out what new words mean.
2. Select your favourite 2 texts that you read today. Create some charts/table or spider diagram showing key information.
For example, you could scan the texts to find important dates and put them into a table.
Alternatively, you could create a spider diagram map, noting all the key information you have read about one of the inspirational people.
1. Complete 'Monday 8th June - Quiz' in your 2do folder on Purple Mash.
This weeks spellings are based on 'gue and que endings'. We will be learning these spellings throughout the week and completing the quiz again on Thursday so don't worry if you find it tricky!
2. Write down the correct spelling of any that you get incorrect and learn them using the methods that you can remember from the booklet that we do in school. eg. rainbow colours, pyramids, word search, write them in pictures, draw shapes around them ect.
1. Please make sure you are reading at least 20 minutes daily - there are lots of free books to read online via EPIC (a free app) or the library service.
2. Complete an activity on read theory, classroom secrets or from your reading booklet.
As it is a new half term, we are going to be starting to think about out new unit in Science this week -Light.
1. - Have a walk around your house and find as many sources of light as possible ( lamp/ TV/ Candle etc). What about outdoors?
- Use your knowledge from our electricity unit, that we completed in school, to think about how this source of light is created? eg. battery, electric ect.
- Which are natural sources of light and which are man made?
2. It is easy to confuse a source of light with an object that reflects light. I have set you a '2do' on Purple Mash called 'Sources of Light' linked with this. Remember to drag your pictures in and write about each in FULL SENTENCES with capital letters and full stops. Don't let your standards slip (try your best)!
Picture News - Read and enjoy this week's news story using the PDF below.