Morning Year 4!
A happy Thursday to you! Please keep up the hard work today :)
Here are today's activities =
1.Practice your times tables on Purple Mash or TTRockstars.
2.We are now on SUMMER TERM WEEK 4 (w/c 11th May) on White Rose Hub Home Learning.
Please use this link - https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-4/
To watch the video for SUMMER TERM WEEK 4 LESSON 4 - AREA COUNTING SQUARES
You can access the video online using the link above but you now need a school subscription to access the resources for the video. Luckily, we have a school subscription so I have downloaded the resources and put them below. Please use the PDF below and complete the activity then use the answers PDF to mark your work.
Focus theme:Inspirational People!
1. Today, you are going to think about who inspires you.
Maybe Captain Tom has inspired you.
(Captain Tom https://www.bbc.co.uk/ newsround/52673271)
Maybe a family member inspires you, or maybe a member of your local community. Perhaps you have more than one person that inspires you.
2. Think about who inspires you and write a paragraph about who they are and why they inspire you.
After researching the inspirational people this week, how do you feel? Have you been inspired?
Write another paragraph to explain who and what has inspired you this week and how this might influence your actions in the future.
e.g. After reading about Greta Thunberg, it has made me consider how everybody’s actions affect the environment. From now on, I will consider how I can help my family to be more environmentally friendly.
After learning words with 'gue and que endings' this week, I have set the same quiz based on these spelling words from Monday. Hopefully, now that you've learnt these words, your score will have improved since Monday. I've set the quiz as 'Thursday 11th June - Quiz' in your '2do' folder on Purple Mash.
1. Please make sure you are reading at least 20 minutes daily - there are lots of free books to read online via EPIC (a free app) or the library service.
2. Complete an activity on read theory, classroom secrets or from your reading booklet.
Today, we will be continuing our Art topic linked to the Vikings by exploring the dragon heads that the Vikings used to have on their longboats.
1. Look at Viking designs of dragon heads on the end of a longboat by searching 'viking longboats dragons' in Google images or using this link -https://www.bing.com/images/searchq=viking+longboats+dragons&FORM=HDRSC2
2.Explore the meaning behind the Vikings having a dragon at the top of their boats by researching it.
3. Using art materials that you have at home (colouring pencils, paint, magazines, coloured paper ect.), recreate a dragon head from a longboat. You can draw it and make it 2-D or create it out of recycling materials, paper mâché ect and make your dragon head 3D.
Please send me a picture of your created dragon head.
Complete a workout with Joe Wicks. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAxW1XT0iEJo0TYlRfn6rYQ