Morning Year 4!
A happy Thursday to you! Please keep up the hard work today :)
Here are today's activities -
1.Practice your times tables on Purple Mash or TTRockstars.
2.Use this link for 'White Rose Hub Home Learning' - https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-4/
We are now on SUMMER TERM WEEK 1 (w/c 20th April).
Please don't skip to this weeks lessons as the lessons follow on from one another and build on skills so you will be making it a lot harder for yourself if you do.
Today, (using the link above) you will need to watch the video and complete the activity for -
Summer Term Week 1 (w/c 20th April) - LESSON 4 'ORDER DECIMALS'.
1. Re - read chapter 2 of ‘The Abominables’ by Eva Ibbotson using the PDF of the first few chapters of the story below,
2. Imagine that you are Agatha.
Write a diary entry from the day when she tells the Yetis that they must stay safely hidden. Think about:
What happened that day? How did Lady Agatha feel and why did she feel like that? What was Lady Agatha concerned about?
Tips for writing a diary.
- Write in first person (you are Agatha).
- Write events that have happened that day in chronological (time) order.
- Include how you (Agatha) are feeling about the things that have happened and about what you (Agatha) think might happen if the yetis don’t stay hidden.
- Try to include some of the new words that you have explored this week.
Think about also including some of the Year 4 grammar/sentence types that we have looked at this year. Read your work through and check for spelling and punctuation.
Please email or dojo me a picture of your diary entry :)
1. Please make sure you are reading at least 20 minutes daily - there are lots of free books to read online via EPIC (a free app) or the library service.
2. Listen to me reading chapter 21 of Varjak Paw here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC31DVk_bURfrZg3gipraSeA?view_as=subscriber
3. Complete an activity on read theory, classroom secrets or from your reading booklet.
After learning words that start with a '-ation' suffix this week, I have set the same quiz based on these spelling words from Monday. Hopefully, now that you've learnt these words, your score will have improved since Monday. I've set the quiz as 'Thursday 7th May - Quiz' in your 'to do' folder on Purple Mash
Continuing our topic of 'sound'. today we are going to look at how sound travels.
1. Read through the 'travelling sounds' powerpoint below about how sound travels and why we can't always hear sounds that are far away.
2. Complete the telephone string activity explained at the end. Use the instructions on the String Telephone Activity Sheet below to construct your string telephone (complete the 2 star sheet or if you feel confident, have a go at the 3 star). Stand at the other side of a large room in your house from somebody. Use your telephone to speak to each other. Remember to use your normal speaking voice. You should be able to hear each other now!
If you don't have the required resources, use what you have in your home to make your string telephone.
Choose some activities from this week's timetable for the Lancashire youth Games using the link below.