Morning Year 4!
A happy Thursday to you! Please keep up the hard work today :)
The PDF documents needed for the activities can be found at the bottom of this webpage.
Here are today's activities =
1. Using this Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/gofisheducationLtd
Join them live on Thursday 18th June 2020 at 10:30 for a free Times Tables Master Class via Facebook Live.
This workshop will aim to motivate your child to learn their Times Tables whilst teaching them the essence of Growth Mindset theory.
The session is suitable for Years 4 - 6 and will last around 45 minutes although everyone is welcome! All children need is to bring a pen, paper and an open mind.
2.We are now on SUMMER TERM WEEK 5 (w/c 18th May) on White Rose Hub Home Learning.
Please use this link - https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-4/
To watch the video for SUMMER TERM WEEK 5 LESSON 4 - FRACTIONS GREATER THAN 1
You can access the video online using the link above and please use the PDF below and complete the activity then use the answers PDF to mark your work.
Focus Text : The Secret Lake by Karen Inglis
When following links, parents should monitor that children are remaining on that page only and are keeping safe online.
1.Have a look at the words below; do you know what they mean?
scout, hollow, trotting, loomed, soundly, jaunt
If not, use a dictionary to find the definitions.
2. Now read Chapter 3 of the extract 'The Secret Lake' at the bottom of this webpage.
Spot the vocabulary that you have been exploring. Think about their meaning in the sentences in which they appear.
3. What do you think is going to happen next? Will Tom and Stella find Harry?
Where is the water coming from?
Will they have an adventure?
What will they find? Will they tell anyone or keep it a secret?
Will the gardener catch them?
4. You are going to plan the next chapter of the story today before writing your chapter tomorrow.
Consider the questions above. Think about the title of the book. How does this tie in with the story? How can you make your story exciting?
Plan your chapter using a method that we have used at school, e.g. a story mountain or a story board, chunk the plot etc.
After learning words with 'ssion endings' this week, I have set the same quiz based on these spelling words from Monday. Hopefully, now that you've learnt these words, your score will have improved since Monday. I've set the quiz as 'Thursday 18th June - Quiz' in your '2do' folder on Purple Mash.
1. Please make sure you are reading at least 20 minutes daily - there are lots of free books to read online via EPIC (a free app) or the library service.
2. Complete an activity on read theory, classroom secrets or from your reading booklet.
Today, we will be continuing our Art topic linked to the Vikings by exploring the dragon heads that the Vikings used to have on their longboats.
Dragons are usually described as scary, mysterious, evil, cruel ect.
1. Using this words, what do you think a dragons eye would look like? You need to get these traits across in the eye.
2. Use the link below to explore dragon eye art or go on Bing images and search 'dragon eye artwork'. Explore your likes and dislikes of these samples. What do you notice all these dragon eye artworks have in common?
3. Use the guide below to draw your own dragon eye and add colour to it using any art materials you have at home eg. colouring pencils, paint, collage, paper ect.
Evaluate your likes and dislikes of your dragon eye.
Complete a workout with Joe Wicks. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAxW1XT0iEJo0TYlRfn6rYQ