Thursday 23rd April 2020.
Activities to complete today (if you can):
- Reading: Spend at least 30 minutes answering reading comprehensions on Read Theory. Link: https://readtheory.org/auth/login?login_error=1
- Reading: Spend at least 30 minutes reading a book of your choice. If possible, adults to ask questions about the book after they have finished reading. Link to possible questions you could ask: https://www.abss.k12.nc.us/cms/lib/NC01001905/Centricity/Domain/36/Parent%20Book%20Talk%20flyer.pdf
- Spelling: This task will not take long – but will require a little help from your parents/guardians or an older brother or sister. In the ‘Attachments’ section of our class page work, you will find the document that needs to be read aloud. There are gaps, where the spelling words you are learning fit. The adult with you needs to read these out to you, and you will write the correct spellings in the gaps provided. If you are unsure, please Dojo myself for more information. Link: https://www.purplemash.com/sch/ststephenspr1
- Maths: In maths this week – we will be trialling a new resource. This is the White Rose Hub Home Learning resources. On the below link, there is a maths lesson each day. It has a video – which you can watch so you understand what you have to do. There is then a task/challenge for your child to complete – after they watch the video. And finally, there is an answers sheet to help you mark the work. I will be asking for feedback for the end of the week as to how it has gone. (If the work is too tricky for your child, you could try the Year 4 link instead and have a go at that to build confidence. I hope this helps).
***(For Thursday's lesson - click on Lesson 4)***
- Writing: You have one of two task to do today.
- If you have not finished your story and sent it to myself, please do that today.
- If you HAVE finished your story and sent it to myself, then my challenge is for you to post a picture of you creating your character in some way. You can make it out of anything you want: paper, blutak, playdough, food, anything you want. I will post a picture tomorrow of one that Isobel has already done – so that you get the idea.
Remember – if you are still writing your story - you need to focus on the basics of story writing:
- Is it interesting?
- Is it set in paragraphs?
- Are you using capital letters and full stops correctly?
- Are you using speech marks and commas correctly?
If you need any more help, please let me know on Class Dojo!