Morning Year 4!
A happy Thursday to you! Please keep up the hard work today :)
The PDF documents needed for the activities can be found at the bottom of this webpage.
Here are today's activities =
1. Practice your Times Tables on TTRockstars or Purple Mash.
2.We are now on SUMMER TERM WEEK 6 (w/c 1st June) on White Rose Hub Home Learning.
Please use this link - https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-4/
To watch the video for SUMMER TERM WEEK 6 LESSON 4 - CALCULATE QUANTITIES
You can access the video online using the link above and please use the PDF below and complete the activity then use the answers PDF to mark your work.
Focus theme: Water! (Part 1)
Two weeks of all things water! Marvel at magnificent waterfalls, take a stroll around some fabulous lakes, learn about the water cycle and enjoy some fabulous poetry.
When following links, parents should monitor that children are remaining on that page only and are keeping safe online.
1. Marvel at Ten Spectacular Waterfalls from Around the World using the link below. There are also beautiful waterfalls in the U.K. Click through Britain’s Fifteen Most Beautiful Waterfalls at the top of this webpage below.
2. Now watch Niagara Falls usng the link below (up to 1:10 mins)
3. Have you ever wondered how a waterfall is formed? Read the information 3D Geography River
Waterfalls to find out about different types of waterfalls and how a waterfall is formed:
4. Look out for these words and see if you can work out their meaning: vertical, descends, maintains, glides, partial, distinctly, erodes. Use a dictionary to help you. Make a list of the words and their definitions. Investigate any other unfamiliar words. Write your own sentence for each new word to show that you understand the meaning.
After learning words with '/k/ ch sounds' this week, I have set the same quiz based on these spelling words from Monday. Hopefully, now that you've learnt these words, your score will have improved since Monday. I've set the quiz as 'Thursday 18th June - Quiz' in your '2do' folder on Purple Mash.
1. Please make sure you are reading at least 20 minutes daily - there are lots of free books to read online via EPIC (a free app) or the library service.
2. Complete an activity on read theory, classroom secrets or from your reading booklet.
Today, we will be continuing our Art topic linked to the Vikings by exploring the dragon heads that the Vikings used to have on their longboats.
Have a think about what you liked about your dragon eye from last lesson and how you are going to improve it.
Use the links below to explore examples of dragon eye artwork (notice how they fill the page) and instructions for how to draw a dragon eye.
On A4 paper, draw a large dragon eye that fills the page. Pay close attention to the details of the scales and eye itself. Make it large and detailed piece of art.
Add bright colours to your dragon eye. This could be paint, crayons, colouring pencils ect.
What do you like and dislike about your dragon eye? How could you improve it?
Complete a workout with Joe Wicks. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAxW1XT0iEJo0TYlRfn6rYQ