Thursday 2nd April 2020.
Activities to complete today (if you can):
Activities to be completed by next Monday:
- Writing: Please send me any of your written work about Jason and the Argonauts to my email address (email@example.com) or send me photos of it on Class Dojo. I realise now having reflected on this that this was not the easiest of tasks. I will be changing my writing tasks going forward! As you will now see below!
- NEW TOPIC CHALLENGE: Food technology.
Your task this week is to do a little Design Technology Project (DT Project). As you are no doubt be spending a lot of time in the house at the moment, it seems right that we do our bit to help our parents with the cooking!
I challenge you all (if you can) to do the following:
- Plan – Plan a meal that the whole family can all eat together (excluding babies on formula of course!). You need to see what ingredients you have in the house – you are not allowed to buy new things from a shop. You can plan what it looks like (draw a diagram), plan your ingredients list, write a method (a step-by-step instruction sheet on how to make it), write out a list of equipment you are going to need.
- Make – you need to make the meal (please send me plenty of photos, this will make me very happy to see you all cooking!)
- Evaluate – write a paragraph or two afterwards reflecting on how it went. Questions you could answer are ones like: Did you get it perfect? Did you use the correct amounts or ingredients? What went well? What didn’t go as planned? Did you have to change something from your plan? If so why? If you were to do this again, what would you do differently and why?
This only needs to be sent to me by the end of the week – so you have 2 days to get this sorted!
*Please follow all sensible health and safety advice. Children should never be left alone with ovens, hot pans, knives etc or anything that could bring any harm to them. If in doubt – don’t do it! I know you all know this – I just need to remind you of it – and of course WASH YOUR HANDS!
Here is a link to simple recipe ideas if you are unsure: https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes
As always, message me if you have any questions.