Thursday 2nd April
Hi everyone! I hope that you are safe and well….It’s almost the Easter Holidays so we can all have a rest and break from school work. You have all been working so hard and really deserve to relax and unwind.
Please just do what you can and please don’t worry if you don’t do it all. I’d rather give you lots to keep you busy than not enough.
Today’s activities are as follows:
- A 10 minute buster from CGP Reading
- A 10 minute buster from CGP Grammar
- A 10 minute buster from CGP Maths
- One Page of the big CGP Maths book
- 30 minutes on Read Theory – take your time – these are set at the level you are working at so you should be getting 80%+ if you are doing them properly
- Complete Day 9 spelling activities on Purple Mash 2Do
- The question is: Should children wear uniform for school?
Following on from yesterday, produce a final polished/neat piece of your balanced argument which you can email/dojo to me. I have put 2 examples on the links below as well as examples of sentences starter and things that you need to include.
The layout should be:
- Introduction – What the balanced argument is about and there are two opposing views
- Paragraph of the reasons for/supporting school uniform. Give each point, followed by and explanation and evidence (you can make facts and statistics up if you want or quotes from made up Head Teachers or children)
- Paragraph of the reasons against/not supporting school uniform. Give each point, followed by and explanation and evidence (you can make facts and statistics up if you want or quotes from made up Head Teachers or children)
- A conclusion - giving your own opinion about what you think
8. If you have an IDL log in...use it each day and complete the lessons.
9. CHALLENGE 3 – Hand Tangle
For this challenge, your template is your own hand! Draw around your hand carefully or ask someone else to draw around it for you.
Inside your hand, draw straight or curved lines to create sections. In each section, draw your own zentangle patterns. Use patterns from the Internet to help you if you are stuck for ideas.
To make your hand stand out, choose a bright colouring pencil to shade around the hand. Here is mine:
Any completed work can be emailed (email@example.com) or dojo’ed to me.
And as always, any questions please just ask.