Hi everybody...keep up the great work this week. I am so proud of you all!
Purple mash, TT rockstars, IDL, and reading are waiting for you as always!
Check out the link below for some online spelling games that follow our rule this week
- Today you are going to find out about the Wright brothers who, it is thought, invented the first flying machine.
- First of all, you are going to explore some vocabulary that you will come across. Have a go at thinking about what you think each word below might mean and then look up the definition in a dictionary.
- For Example. aerodynamic, pioneer, glider, efficient, navigate, warped.
- You could use a chart like the one below to record the words.
||What I think the word means
- Now watch the clip below. Remember to listen out for the words you have explored. The Wright Brothers: First Successful Aeroplane 1903 (spelt Airplane in this American video)
- Find out some more information on the link below from Ducksters – Wright Brothers
- Note down any words that are unfamiliar to you in your chart and find out the meaning of these words. At the bottom of the webpage is a quiz. Click on the link to test your knowledge by completing the ten question quiz....let me know how you got on!
Videos and Worksheets below
Year 3 - Comparing lengths
Year 4 - Addition of 4 digit numbers with more than 1 exchange
Hour of Code activity - minecraft