Hello Year 4!
I hope you managed to complete the tasks yesterday and are getting back into a routine of home learning. Please keep up the hard work
1.Practice your times tables on Purple Mash or TTRockstars.
2.Use this link for 'White Rose Hub Home Learning' - https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-4/
We are now on SUMMER TERM WEEK 3 (w/c 4th May).
Please don't skip to this weeks lessons as the lessons follow on from one another and build on skills. Summer week 6 will open automatically when you click on the website so close this and open Summer Week 3.
Today, (using the link above) you will need to watch the video (it is very important that you watch the video first) and complete the activity for -
Summer Term Week 3 (w/c 4th May) - LESSON 2 ‘MULTIPLY 3-DIGIT NUMBER BY 1-DIGIT NUMBER'.
We have done this method lots this year so it should be very familiar to you!
Focus for this week - The World Of Walliams!
When following links online, parents should monitor that children are remaining on that page only and are keeping safe online.
1. Watch/listen to the first two chapters of 'midnight Gang' – up to 13:15 mins: https://www.youtube.c om/watch?v=MCMN8y m0oiA
How is the start of this book similar to 'Mr Stink' that we have looked at this week? How is it different?
2. Look at the way David Walliams presents his writing, e.g.
Why do you think he does this?
What effect does this have on you, the reader?
3.Now watch 'The Midnight Gang' Film - https://www.bbc.co.uk/ iplayer/episode/b0bxc4 t4/the-midnight-gang
Note: PG certificate. (Watch from 2:40 mins until 6:20 mins)
4. You are going to write the scene that you have watched in your own words. Think about the events that have happened since Tom entered the children’s ward.
Things to think about: -write in 3rd person (he, she, they) -write in the past tense (it has already happened)
-include some of your Year 4 skills, e.g. fronted adverbials for where or when -include speech and remember to use speech punctuation properly
-use some of the David Walliams style of writing, e.g. larger words for effect.
After you have finished, read your writing out loud and check for spelling and punctuation.
1. On Purple Mash, complete 'Thursday 4th June - Quiz'.
This is a quiz based on some of the words you learnt on Purple Mash last half term.
2. Please practice any that you get incorrect using fun methods that we use to practice our spellings in class.
1. Please make sure you are reading at least 20 minutes daily - there are lots of free books to read online via EPIC (a free app) or the library service.
2. Complete an activity on read theory, classroom secrets or from your reading booklet.
This half term, our art will be linked to our knowledge of the Vikings.
1. Using this link - http://www.hurstwic.org/history/articles/manufacturing/text/norse_art.htm
Explore the Viking designs in art and jewellery. Focus on the design within the jewellery. What do you like about the jewellery? What do you not like?Why? Which is your favourite? Explain your answers to these questions with someone in your home.
2. Replicate 2 or 3 of the designs from the explored jewellery art in the link. If you have it available in your home, try using different media to create your jewellery art eg. colouring pencils, paint, collage using newspaper ect. http://sciencenordic.com/photo-gallery-six-styles-viking-art
Explore and explain which media you preferred and why.
Choose some activities from this week's timetable for the Lancashire youth Games using the link below or complete a Joe Wicks workout!