Good morning year 4,
I hope you all managed to complete some of the work I set yesterday. Please remember to make sure you spread your work out and have time away from screens.
Here are your activities for today -
1.Practice your times tables on Purple Mash or TTRockstars.
2.Use this link for 'White Rose Hub Home Learning' - https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-4/
We are now on SUMMER TERM WEEK 1 (w/c 20th April).
Please don't skip to this weeks lessons as the lessons follow on from one another and build on skills so you will be making it a lot harder for yourself if you do. (This weeks lessons open automatically when you go the website so you will need to close them and open Summer Term Week 1 lessons)
Today, (using the link above) you will need to watch the video and complete the activity for -
Summer Term Week 1 (w/c 20th April) - LESSON 2 'WRITE DECIMALS
1. Using the PDF below, re-read chapter 1 of ‘The Abominables’ by Eva Ibbotson from yesterday’s Literacy session.
2. Activity = Thinking back to when we explored and wrote newspapers in class, I would like you to plan out and write a newspaper report from the day that Agatha disappeared.
Think about the following:
Who is your report about? Who was there at the time of the disappearance? What has happened? Where did it happen? When did it happen?
Set your newspaper out properly and include the features we know about:
- a headline (Is it catchy? You could use alliteration)
- a picture
- an introductory paragraph that briefly includes the 5 Ws (who, what, why, where and when)
- Use the past tense and third person (he, she, it or they)
- Put the information in chronological (time) order
- A quote from an eyewitness (maybe Agatha’s father) using inverted commas and remember to tell us who the quote is from.
- write in columns
- please remember your year 4 writing skills such as; fronted adverbials for when and were and subordinate conjunctions (as, whilst, while, after, because, if, since, although, before). Read your work through and check for spelling and punctuation.
Have a look at First News on the PDF below to help you with the format of a newspaper article.
Please send me a photo of your newspaper report on class dojo or email it to me at - alice.crosby@st-Stephens.lancs.sch.uk
I am really looking forward to reading them! :)
1. Please make sure you are reading at least 20 minutes daily - there are lots of free books to read online via EPIC (a free app) or the library service.
2. Listen to me reading chapter 19 of Varjak Paw here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC31DVk_bURfrZg3gipraSeA?view_as=subscriber
3. Complete an activity on read theory, classroom secrets or from your reading booklet.
Using the PDF document below, please practice the '-ation' suffix words using 'look, say, cover, write, check'. You can either print it off or write it on a piece of paper.
These are the words from your Purple Mash Quiz on Monday.
Continuing our looking at artists from the North West, today we will be looking at Cilla Black.
1. Instrument of the week – violin. Listen to this video of a violin - https://youtu.be/4DRa6ijQL0Q
Do you like the sound of a violin? Can you think of any songs that you like that use a violin in them?
2. Listen to Cilla Black ‘You’re my heart’ here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xWcpk__iGI
Discuss with someone in your home - What are your opinions of this song/style of music? Do you like it? Why?
Think back (Or listen through YouTube) to when you listened to the Beatles Music during home learning. Cilla Black was part of the same movement in Liverpool and they were good friends. Can you hear any similarities or differences between Cilla and the Beatles?
Choose some activities from this week's timetable for the Lancashire youth Games using the link below.
As a lot of us enjoy doing these, complete a 'Draw with Rob' of your choice.