Hi everyone! I hope that you are all OK at home. I know that you will be being kind and helpful to your parents too….it’s a strange time for everyone.
**Please just do what work you can and please please don’t worry if you don’t do it all. I’d rather give you lots to keep you busy than not enough. If you wish to do alternative activities, that is also absolutely fine. Just do what is right for your family situation. Also, if you get stuck or are unsure, please just ask me. **
Today’s activities are as follows:
Writing – Theme: Hygiene, Health and Heroes
Note: The clips and reading material today may contain content which is sensitive to your child. It is advised that this clip and web page are watched, read and discussed together with an adult.
Watch the BBC Teach dramatisation of the scientist Edward Jenner here, making notes as you watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJRJeOxX6no
Now read about Edward Jenner’s life here, making any additional notes: https://www.famousscientists.org/edward-anthony-jenner/
Based on what you have read and watched, design and create one of the following:
- a fact page based on the life and work of Edward Jenner which could feature in a science magazine.
- a comic based on the life and work of Edward Jenner suitable for a child your age.
Whichever outcome you select, consider these points:
- Make sure you include all of the key facts about Edward’s life – from his childhood up until his death.
- Think about your use of vocabulary. Make sure it is exciting to read but also informs your reader.
- Plan your layout before you begin – how will you set the information out so that it is easy to follow for the reader?
Science – The dangers of smoking.
Following on from the work completed yesterday, create a poster encouraging people to give up smoking including the health benefits of stopping smoking.
RE – Christianity - Life as a Journey (continued from yesterday…)
Map the journey of a significant character from history, a fictional character, a pop star or sporting personality. (Preferably a person of faith.) for example C S Lewis or Usain Bolt. In what ways do their life journeys inspire us?
And as always, any questions please just ask.