Good morning year 4,
I hope you all managed to complete some of the work I set yesterday. Please remember to make sure you spread your work out and have time away from screens.
Here are your activities for today -
1.Practice your times tables on Purple Mash or TTRockstars.
2.Use this link for 'White Rose Hub Home Learning' - https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-4/
We are now on SUMMER TERM WEEK 2 (w/c 27th April).
Please don't skip to this weeks lessons as the lessons follow on from one another and build on skills. Summer week 5 will open automatically when you click on the website so close this and open Summer Week 2.
Today, (using the link above) you will need to watch the video and complete the activity for -
Summer Term Week 2 (w/c 27th April) - LESSON 2 ‘HALVES AND QUARTERS’.
1. Watch Nessie – the Loch Ness Monster: https://learnenglishkids. britishcouncil.org/short- stories/nessie-the-loch- ness-monster
Note down any facts about the monster that you didn’t already know!
2. Watch Radzi in Search of the Loch Ness Monster: https://www.bbc.co.uk/ cbbc/watch/bp-radzi-in- search-of-the-loch-ness- monster
Now see if you can answer these questions: 1-What country is Loch Ness in?
2-How big is Loch Ness? 3-How much water is in Loch Ness?
3. Read Loch Ness Monster Facts for Kids: https://kids.kiddle.co/L och_Ness_Monster
4. Explore the vocabulary loch, cryptology, theory, hoax, evidence, disturbances, interpret, opposed.
Find definitions of any of these words that are unfamiliar.
5. Can you find the answers to the following questions?
– What was the Loch Ness Monster also referred to as?
- Some believers think that the Loch Ness Monster could actually be a what?
– What did the hoax photograph turn out to be?
– Find two reasons why the photograph was proved to be a fake.
Have a look at Loch Ness monster 'might be real' after scientists make 'surprising' discovery here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/ newsround/48499253 before you answer the last question.
– Do you think Nessie is real? Why or why not? Give evidence to support your answer.
Using the PDF document below, please practice the suffix words using 'look, say, cover, write, check'. You can either print it off or write it on a piece of paper.
These are the words from your Purple Mash Quiz on Monday
1. Please make sure you are reading at least 20 minutes daily - there are lots of free books to read online via EPIC (a free app) or the library service.
2. Complete an activity on read theory, classroom secrets or from your reading booklet.
Today, we are going to continue our History topic of the Vikings.
Use the BBC website below to find out about life in Viking times. There are some great interactive games on here to play as well as watching the video.
Activity = Using the information you have learnt about the life in Viking times, draw a picture of a Viking house and label it with any important facts and information that you have learnt today.
Choose some activities from this week's timetable for the Lancashire youth Games using the link below.
As a lot of us enjoy doing these, complete a 'Draw with Rob' of your choice.