Good morning year 4,
I hope you all managed to complete some of the work I set yesterday. Please remember to make sure you spread your work out and have time away from screens.
The PDF documents needed for the activities can be found at the bottom of this webpage.
Here are your activities for today -
1.Practice your times tables on Purple Mash or TTRockstars.
2.We are now on SUMMER TERM WEEK 6 (w/c 1st June) on White Rose Hub Home Learning.
Please use this link - https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-4/
To watch the video for SUMMER TERM WEEK 6 LESSON 2 - SUBTRACT FRACTIONS
You can access the video online using the link above and please use the PDF below and complete the activity then use the answers PDF to mark your work.
Focus theme: Water! (Part 1)
Two weeks of all things water! Marvel at magnificent waterfalls, take a stroll around some fabulous lakes, learn about the water cycle and enjoy some fabulous poetry.
When following links, parents should monitor that children are remaining on that page only and are keeping safe online.
1. Take a look at The World’s 20 Most Beautiful Lakes using the link below.
(Note: adult support is recommended to read this webpage and avoid all the adverts!)
2. There are also many beautiful lakes in the U.K. One area with beautiful lakes is the Lake District in the North West of England. Some of you may have even been to the Lake District for a day trip or a holiday! Your task today is to write/design a persuasive poster for the Lake District.
With an adult, spend some time exploring the Lake District National Park website below.
Click on some of the links that show you things to do, places to go, etc.
3. Now watch the clip on this webpage Reflecting on the Lakes using the link below.
4. Using all the information that you have found, design a persuasive poster for the Lake District.
You could do this on paper or by using a computer to present your poster.
Think about where there is to go and what there is to see and do. Can you include some images?
Try to use some of the following persuasive features:
-Use the pronoun you to address the reader.
-Focus on the positive things about the Lake District.
-Use a mix of facts and persuasive and exaggerated language.
-Use superlative adjectives, e.g. the best, the most amazing, the highest, the largest.
When you have finished, remember to check through your work carefully.
Using the PDF document below, please practice the '/K/ 'ch' sound' words using 'look, say, cover, write, check'. You can either print it off or write it on a piece of paper.
These are the words from your Purple Mash Quiz on Monday.
1. Please make sure you are reading at least 20 minutes daily - there are lots of free books to read online via EPIC (a free app) or the library service.
2. Complete an activity on read theory, classroom secrets or from your reading booklet.
As we have done some work on coding this year, today we are going to try and code a dance party! Follow the link to use coding to create your dance party below!
Complete a 'Cosmic Yoga' at home. These are great to exercise and relax at the same time!
I have set a Wizard of Oz themed one on the link below but there are lots of cool themes to the Yoga so if Wizard of Oz is not your thing, choose a different one (there's lots to choose from!).