Tuesday 24th March 2020
Activities to complete today:
- Reading: Spend at least 30 minutes answering reading comprehensions on Read Theory. Link: https://readtheory.org/auth/login?login_error=1
- Reading: Spend at least 30 minutes reading a book of your choice. If possible, adults to ask questions about the book after they have finished reading. Link to possible questions you could ask: https://www.abss.k12.nc.us/cms/lib/NC01001905/Centricity/Domain/36/Parent%20Book%20Talk%20flyer.pdf
- Grammar: ‘Nouns or Verbs’ activity (File name: 24.03.20 Nouns or Verbs). There are three activities on this sheet. They only have to do one of them. At the bottom of the sheets, you will see either one, two or three stars. One star is easier than two stars, and three stars is the hardest. Please complete one and send it to myself.
- Maths: ‘Equivalent Fractions - Mastery’ activity. These questions are harder than yesterday and require explanations as to why your answer is correct or not. Activity is attached (File name: 24.03.20 Equivalent fractions - mastery). Answers are provided as a separate attachment. Answers should be written in maths books and photos sent, or done on Microsoft Word and emailed to myself (firstname.lastname@example.org).
***If your child struggled with the maths activity yesterday – please rewatch the tutorial video and then redo the ‘Equivalent fractions’ activity on Purple Mash instead.
Activities to be completed by next Monday (CONTINUED FROM YESTERDAY):
- Writing: The children need to familiarise themselves with the Greek Myth of Jason and the Argonauts. Here is just one of the many video clips available online: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peFwikd2-bw. The children’s writing tasks this week are to:
- Read/watch the story of Jason and the Argonauts.
- Write a storyboard of what happens in the story, including drawings to help them internalise the story.
- To create a vocabulary bank for each of the main characters using an online thesaurus.
*The children should be very familiar with this writing sequence as we do this with every piece of writing we do. Work should be completed in their writing books or on Microsoft Word. The work does not need to be emailed to me until Monday next week.
- Spellings: Instead of project work this week – children need to work on their spellings. Page 52 of the ‘NNS Year 5’ document are spellings that the children need to be able to spell by the end of the year. Please practise these daily in groups of no more than 5. If your child has been sent their own personalised spelling sheet – please practise these instead.
If you have any questions about any of the above, please contact myself on Class Dojo.