In maths this week, we will be trialling a new resource. This is the 'White Rose Hub Home Learning' resources which is the scheme we use in school.
On the below link, there is a maths lesson each day with video and an activity for you to complete. Use the answers sheet to help you mark the work. Please make sure you complete LESSON 2 WEEK 1 'TENTHS AS A DECIMAL' not the week beginning 27th April as we didn't use this resource before Easter so we need to start at the beginning.
Today we are going to be using Charlie and The Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl (one of my favourites!).
1.Read and enjoy ‘The Chocolate Room’ Section 15 using the PDF below.
Now, watch the clip:
https://www.youtube.c om/watch?v=OMFQtY6 655E (Note: PG certificate)
2.Imagine that you are there.
Write a descriptive paragraph of what you can see.
Use your senses to help you - What can you see? What can you hear? What can you smell? What can you touch? What can you taste?
Think carefully about including:
- Precise nouns, e.g. tulips instead of flowers.
- Noun phrases/ similes/metaphors
- First person (use the pronoun 'I' as though you are there)
- Expanded noun phrases, e.g. Mr Wonka turned the key in the small wooden door that lay in front of us.
- How it makes you feel, e.g. I stopped and stared in awe.
- I couldn’t believe my eyes.
Please send me a photo of your paragraph on class dojo or email it to me if your prefer to type it.
1. Please make sure you are reading for at least 20 minutes and listen to me reading a chapter of our class novel each day.
2. Complete an activity on read theory each day or a comprehension from your reading pack.
3. If you have IDL, log on and complete a lesson.
Using the PDF document below, please practice the 'dis and mis' words using 'look, say, cover, write, check'. You can either bring it off or write it on a piece of paper.
These are the 'dis and mis' words from your Purple Mash Quiz on Monday.
NEW TOPIC CHALLENGE: Food technology.
Your task this week is to do a little Design Technology Project (DT Project).
I challenge you all (if you can) to do the following:
- Plan a sandwich that the whole family can all eat together (excluding babies on formula of course!). Who can make the most 'interesting' sandwich? Something a bit different! You need to see what ingredients you have in the house – you are not allowed to buy new things from a shop. What bread will you use? or will you use a wrap, pitta bread ect.? What fillings will you use? What vegetables will you use?
- You can plan what it looks like (draw a diagram), plan your ingredients list, write a step-by-step instruction sheet on how to make it, write out a list of equipment you are going to need.
You will have Monday and Tuesday to plan your sandwich.
Last week, you explored a variety of different places of worship and we concluded that places of worship are about the group of people not about the building.
St Paul tells the Christians that the church is one body of people all working together to share the good news and build the kingdom of God.
Paul gives guidance this as to how the members of the body/church should behave:
“Do not think of yourself as better than others .”
“Love must be truthful”
“Be committed to one another.”
“Be joyful, patient, faithful.”
“Live in peace”
“Practice caring for others”
“Overcome evil (bad) with good”
I would like you to link Peter's values to our Christian values of ASPIRE at St.Stephens. Please create a poster explaining how we meet Peter's instructions above at St.Stephens by following our ASPIRE. You can use writing and pictures on your poster and don't forget to dojo me a picture of it!