Good morning year 4,
I hope you all managed to complete some of the work I set yesterday. Please remember to make sure you spread your work out and have time away from screens.
The PDF documents needed for the activities can be found at the bottom of this web page.
Here are your activities for today -
1.Practice your times tables on Purple Mash or TTRockstars.
2.We are now on SUMMER TERM WEEK 7 (w/c 18th June) on White Rose Hub Home Learning.
Please use this link - https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-4/
To watch the video for SUMMER TERM WEEK 7 LESSON 2 - DIVIDE 1-DIGIT BY 10
You can access the video online using the link above and please use the PDF below and complete the activity then use the answers PDF to mark your work.
Focus theme: Water! (Part 2)
Two weeks of all things water! Marvel at magnificent waterfalls, take a stroll around some fabulous lakes, learn about the water cycle and enjoy some fabulous poetry.
When following links, parents should monitor that children are remaining on that page only and are keeping safe online.
1. Why is water so important? All living things need water. Watch Importance of Water up to 3:11 mins using the link below.
2. Read the information on these web links below.Explore the plate on the Eat Well Guide paying particular attention to the section on water and try the quiz.
3. Watch and learn how we can collect water to use. Watch the BBC Bitesize – Rivers and the water cycle below to learn about how you use water in your home. Make a list of all the ways that you use water rand keep a tally of how often it is used.
4. Can you think of ways that you could save water in your house/reduce the amount of water that you use? Watch the clip below for some ideas. Note: this American clip uses the word ‘faucet’ to mean the English word ‘tap’. Save Water to Help the Earth.
5. Design a colourful persuasive poster to encourage others to save water. Display it in your house for all your household to see!
Using the PDF document below, please practice the spellings with -tion endings' words using 'look, say, cover, write, check'. You can either print it off or write it on a piece of paper.
These are the words from your Purple Mash Quiz on Monday.
1. Please make sure you are reading at least 20 minutes daily - there are lots of free books to read online via EPIC (a free app) or the library service.
2. Complete an activity on read theory, classroom secrets or from your reading booklet.
Today is Sports day!!! Follow the link below for activities linked to the Lancashire School Games. The children in school will also be completing some of these activities whilst socially distanced. Send me some pictures or you and your family taking part.