Good morning year 4,
I hope you all managed to complete some of the work I set yesterday. Please remember to make sure you spread your work out and have time away from screens.
The PDF documents needed for the activities can be found at the bottom of this web page.
Here are your activities for today -
1.Practice your times tables on Purple Mash or TTRockstars.
2.We are now on SUMMER TERM WEEK 7 (w/c 15th June) on White Rose Hub Home Learning.
Please use this link - https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-4/
To watch the video for SUMMER TERM WEEK LESSON 2 - COMPARE DECIMALS
You can access the video online using the link above and please use the PDF below and complete the activity then use the answers PDF to mark your work.
Today you are going to write an explanation text on how to perform an Ollie on a skateboard.
1. First you need to watch this clip. How to ollie with Tony Hawk using the link below.
This next clip adds much more detail and technique. Watch up to 5:33 mins, although of course you can choose to watch it all! How to ollie the easiest way tutorial using the link below.
2. Take notes as you watch about the process of how to carry out an ollie. Think about noting down any top tips or troubleshooting ideas that you hear too.
3. From your notes, write an explanation text on how to perform an ollie.
Things to include:
-a short introduction
-write in logical steps explaining how to complete an ollie
-use time adverbials to start your sentences
-use causal conjunctions to explain why, e.g. because, so that, in order to
-write in the present tense
-some diagrams/ illustrations.
Using the link below, look at the information pack if you need any more help on how to write an explanation text.
If you can already perform an ollie, you could film yourself and orally present your explanation!
Using the PDF document below, please practice the spellings with --ous suffix' words using 'look, say, cover, write, check'. You can either print it off or write it on a piece of paper.
These are the words from your Purple Mash Quiz on Monday.
1. Please make sure you are reading at least 20 minutes daily - there are lots of free books to read online via EPIC (a free app) or the library service.
2. Complete an activity on read theory, classroom secrets or from your reading booklet
Today we are going to be thinking about shadows. Can you use a torch to create some shadows of everyday objects. Investigate what happens if you chance the position of the torch. What happens if you move the torch closer to the object? What happens if the torch is moved further away? Draw some diagrams to show what you have found out.