Good morning year 4,
I hope you all managed to complete some of the work I set yesterday. Please remember to make sure you spread your work out and have time away from screens.
Here are your activities for today -
1.Practice your times tables on Purple Mash or TTRockstars.
2.We are now on SUMMER TERM WEEK 4 (w/c 11th May) on White Rose Hub Home Learning.
Please use this link - https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-4/
To watch the video for SUMMER TERM WEEK 4 LESSON 2 - PERIMETER OF RECTANGLES
You can access the video online using the link above but you now need a school subscription to access the resources for the video. Luckily, we have a school subscription so I have downloaded the resources and put them below. Please use the PDF below and complete the activity then use the answers PDF to mark your work.
Focus theme:Inspirational People!
When following links, parents should monitor that children are remaining on that page only and are keeping safe online.
1. Today, you are going to research facts about Martin Luther King.
Read the information from the following websites and watch Martin Luther King’s final speech: 'I've been to the mountaintop.'
https://www.ducksters. com/biography/martin_ luther_king_jr.php (Note: contains American spelling).
https://www.natgeokid s.com/uk/discover/histo ry/general- history/martin-luther- king-facts/
https://www.youtube.c om/watch?v=e49VEpW g61M
2. Vocabulary that you might need to explore today – equality, boycott, tolerant, entitled, segregation.
Use a dictionary, e.g.https://www.wordhippo.com/ to help you.
3. Today, you are going to write a quiz for your family and friends based on the life of Martin Luther King. You may choose to write using a similar format to The Chase or Who Wants to be a Millionaire, where contestants are provided with a question and three or four possible answers, but only one is correct! You might like to use '2Quiz' on Purple Mash, PowerPoint or simply handwrite to create your quiz.
Try to include some of the new vocabulary you have learnt in your questions.
Test your quiz out on your family at home or your friends on an online video platform with you playing the role of quizmaster!
Using the PDF document below, please practice the 'gue and sue ending' words using 'look, say, cover, write, check'. You can either print it off or write it on a piece of paper.
These are the words from your Purple Mash Quiz on Monday
1. Please make sure you are reading at least 20 minutes daily - there are lots of free books to read online via EPIC (a free app) or the library service.
2. Complete an activity on read theory, classroom secrets or from your reading booklet.
Continuing our learning on 'Email', I have set you a 2do on Purple Mash called 'Email Safety - Stranger'.
You need to reply to the email you have received offering someone advise on what to do about an email they have received from a stranger. Please reply to the email and give them advise on what to do using your knowledge on Email Safety from last half term (remember, I can see your reply email).
Complete a 'Cosmic Yoga' at home. These are great to exercise and relax at the same time!
I have set a Star Wars themed one on the link below but there are lots of cool themes to the Yoga so if Star Wars is not your thing, choose a different one (there's lots to choose from!).