Hi all and a happy Wednesday!:)
Well done for everything you have done so far this week - I love getting your pictures of the work you do. Keep up the hard work everyone.
1.Practice your times tables on Purple Mash or TTRockstars.
2.We are now on SUMMER TERM WEEK 4 (w/c 11th May) on White Rose Hub Home Learning.
Please use this link - https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-4/
To watch the video for SUMMER TERM WEEK 4 LESSON 3 - PERIMETER OF RECTILINEAR SHAPES
You can access the video online using the link above but you now need a school subscription to access the resources for the video. Luckily, we have a school subscription so I have downloaded the resources and put them below. Please use the PDF below and complete the activity then use the answers PDF to mark your work.
Focus theme: Inspirational People!
When following links, parents should monitor that children are remaining on that page only and are keeping safe online.
1. Today, you are going to research facts about Greta Thunberg.
Read the information from the following websites and watch Greta Thunberg's speech to world leaders at the UN Climate Action Summit.
https://www.natgeokid s.com/uk/kids- club/cool-kids/general- kids-club/greta- thunberg-facts/
https://kids.britannica.c om/kids/article/Greta- Thunberg/632033
https://www.youtube.c om/watch?v=xVlRompc 1yE
2. Create a mini biography for Greta. (A biography is the story of someone’s life). Scan the texts to find important dates and numbers, e.g. date of birth, key ages or dates when things have happened in her life.
Read sections carefully (close reading) to find out the following:
Where was Great
What is she so
Why is she
Rather than copying chunks of the text from the websites, try to put the information into your own words. If you find any unfamiliar vocabulary, note that down and use a dictionary, e.g. https://www.wordhipp o.com/ to find the definition.
Try to include some Year 4 sentence types, e.g. fronted adverbials for where or when.
A few years later, ... From New York, ...
Once you have finished, check your work back through. Make sure that you have used correct punctuation. If you have used a fronted adverbial, make sure you have put a comma after it.
1. Using the PDF document below, ask someone in your house to read aloud the sentences for you (on the second page).You will need to spell the word in red from your adults sheet. Write the spelling down in the gap in your sentences. These are the 'gue and que endings' spellings from your Purple Mash Quiz on Monday.
2. Using the second sheet that your adult used to read aloud, please mark your spellings. Any that you got incorrect, please practice.
1. Please make sure you are reading at least 20 minutes daily - there are lots of free books to read online via EPIC (a free app) or the library service.
2. Complete an activity on read theory, classroom secrets or from your reading booklet.
1. Think of a problem that you have faced and overcome. e.g. tying laces, riding a bike, maths, reading in front of others, making friends in a new place or being lost somewhere etc.
How did you overcome your problem?
Did someone help you? Why?
Did you need courage and confidence?
What does it mean to have courage?
2. Use this link to watch the story of David and Goliath - https://www.youtube.com/watchv=7zLAcUZkxHA
3.Note down and explore the answers to these questions -
What was David's problem?
How did he overcome his problem?
Did anyone help him?
How did David show courage?