Wednesday 13th May 2020.
Activities to complete today (if you can):
- Reading: Spend at least 30 minutes answering reading comprehensions on Read Theory. Link: https://readtheory.org/auth/login?login_error=1
- Reading: Spend at least 30 minutes reading a book of your choice. If possible, adults to ask questions about the book after they have finished reading. Link to possible questions you could ask: https://www.abss.k12.nc.us/cms/lib/NC01001905/Centricity/Domain/36/Parent%20Book%20Talk%20flyer.pdf
- Spellings: On the ‘attachments’ section of our Class Page, you will find your spellings document entitled: ‘Year 5 Autumn 1 Week 4 Dictations2019’. Please practise these spellings ahead of retaking the spelling test later in the week. You will need an adult or an older brother or sister to help you with this part.
- Maths: Use the link below:
Click on Week 4, Lesson 3 – Converting improper fractions into mixed numbers and vice versa. Watch the video, do the activity, mark your answers. If you have any questions, or are struggling in some way – please get in contact with myself on Dojo and I will try your best to help you!
(Remember – if this material to too hard for your child at this stage in their development or without the resources they would have access to in school – please do not worry about doing this. You are also welcome to try lower year group work if you feel this would be beneficial. Please contact me if you think this applies to yourself.)
p.s. Please message me to let me know when you have done your maths work – it is nice to see it, as I cannot see it like I could on Purple Mash. Thanks!
- Writing: Our focus this week is going to be on History and Writing – and will revolve around inventions that have changed the world.
Your first task is to watch this clip about an invention which was discovered by accident – crisps. Please use the following link: https://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=rqNxtyZAOhA (watch from the start up until 2:30 mins).
Your task is to attempt to write a short newspaper article announcing the invention of this new snack (the crisp!) I have attached a PowerPoint to help you write and layout your newspaper article.
Remember, if you are not sure or need any help – just contact myself on Dojo.