Hi all and a happy Wednesday!:)
Well done for everything you have done so far this week - I love getting your pictures of the work you do. Keep up the hard work everyone!
The PDF documents needed for the activities can be found at the bottom of this webpage.
1.Practice your times tables on Purple Mash or TTRockstars.
2.We are now on SUMMER TERM WEEK 5 (w/c 18th May) on White Rose Hub Home Learning.
Please use this link - https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-4/
To watch the video for SUMMER TERM WEEK 5 LESSON 3 - EQUIVALENT FRACTIONS (2)
You can access the video online using the link above and please use the PDF below and complete the activity then use the answers PDF to mark your work.
Focus Text : The Secret Lake by Karen Inglis
When following links, parents should monitor that children are remaining on that page only and are keeping safe online.
1.Read Chapter 2 of the extract: The Secret Lake by Karen Inglis using the PDF at the bottom of this webpage.
2. Note down any unfamiliar vocabulary and find out the definitions. https://www.wordhippo.com/
3. Imagine that you are Stella or Tom. You are going to write a diary entry for one of them. Think about what has happened that day and how you are feeling as either Stella or Tom.
Tips for writing a diary:
Write in first person( you are Stella orTom)
Write events that have happened that day in chronological (time) order
Include how you (Stella or Tom) are feeling about the things that have happened.
Try to include some of the new words that you have explored this week.
Think about also including some of the Year 4 grammar/ sentence types that you have looked at with your teacher.
Read your work through and check for spelling and punctuation. Could you improve your writing in any way?
1. Using the PDF document below, ask someone in your house to read aloud the sentences for you (on the second page).You will need to spell the word in red from your adults sheet. Write the spelling down in the gap in your sentences. These are the 'scion endings' spellings from your Purple Mash Quiz on Monday.
2. Using the second sheet that your adult used to read aloud, please mark your spellings. Any that you got incorrect, please practice.
1. Please make sure you are reading at least 20 minutes daily - there are lots of free books to read online via EPIC (a free app) or the library service.
2. Complete an activity on read theory, classroom secrets or from your reading booklet.
1. Watch the video of David and Jonathan, 1 Samuel: 18-20, using the link to the video below.
2. They are friends against the odds.
Have a think about:
- What makes someone a good and loyal friend?
- What are the important qualities of friendship?
- Share with the children your own experiences of friendship as well as giving them opportunities to share their ideas.
- David is persecuted by Saul, 1 Samuel: 18-20. Why?
What does it mean to be persecuted?
- How does this make the friendship between David and Jonathan even more special?
3. Write job description for a good friend or poetry about friendship. Try to get across what qualities you would like your new friend to have and why. eg. Kind, funny, caring ect.
How might they show these qualities?