Wednesday 1/4/20 Activities:
Good Morning Year 4! Hope you are all well and keeping safe :)
Thank you for all your messages and photos yesterday - I love getting them!
Remember, you do not have to do everything I set, I'd rather give you too much than not enough but please make sure you are doing some maths, Literacy, reading, topic and keeping active everyday.
- Complete '4 times table pairs' in your 'to do' on Purple Mash. Match the calculation to the answer in a game of pairs.
Make sure you press 'save and exit' before closing the page. Please do not rush and read the instructions!
- Something New: Go to 'White Rose Hub' website click on 'Primary SOL, Year 4 then 'Number: Multiplication and Division' in Autumn or click on this link : https://wrm-13b48.kxcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/SoLs/Primary/Autumn2019-20/Year-4-Autumn-Block-4-Number-Multiplication-and-Division.pdf I will also post a screen shot of the questions below. Scroll down on the document to pages 17 and 18 for questions on the 6 times table. Please answer the questions in your homework book or print the pages off and answer on the sheet. Page 18 has answers down the side so answer the questions (trying not to look) and mark them using the answers.
- Or choose an activity from your math's booklet to complete.
- Practice the ‘multiplication’ game on purple mash in your ‘to do’ folder OR complete a page from your times table booklet.
- 15 minutes of reading a day.
- Or listen to David Williams reading 'Bad Dad'. https://soundcloud.com/world-of-walliams-audio/bad-dad-by-david-walliams-1-3
- Complete at least one ‘Read theory’ activity - please take your time and do not rush as you should be getting at least 80% each time.
- Complete one activity in your reading booklet.
- Log into your 'Kids Classroom Secrets' account and complete a Year 4 spelling activity of your choice.
- Practice a page of spellings from your spelling booklet or practice your weekly spellings from your reading record. Remember to find the definition of each word, write each word into a ‘WOW’ sentence and practice each word in different ways.
- Watch 'Taking Flight' video on Literacy Shed: https://www.literacyshed.com/takingflight.html Activity: I would like you to rewrite the story as though you are Tony (the little boy) tell us your thoughts and feelings! Remember to include Year 4 writing skills - fronted adverbials, subordinate conjunctions, speech using inverted commas, description of setting and characters, take care with handwriting and punctuation ect. Please dojo a picture of your story to me! Or write it on word and email it to me please.
- Complete 'Y4 Spelling Words Quiz' in your 'to do' folder on Purple Mash. This quiz will test you on some of the statutory Year 4 words. Remember, you do not need all of the letters!
Make sure you press 'save and exit' before closing the page. Please do not rush and read the instruction first!
- Or complete one improving sentence activity from your booklet.
- If you have an IDL account, log in and complete a lesson
Daily Code Breaker!
Every day this week, i will be giving you some questions that will give you a digit each day to help unlock the padlock below. On Friday, you will have all 4 digits and you will need to follow the instructions to put the digits in order to unlock the padlock.
Dojo your code to me on Friday to see if you have been successful in unlocking the padlock!
While we are at home, we are going to be learning about different musical instruments. This week's instrument is the flute! What can you find out about the flute? What does it look and sound like ( use you tube for this). What family of instruments does it belong to?
Create a handwrite or typed poster all about the flute! Please answer these questions on your poster.
Send a photo of your poster on dojo or email your typed poster to me :)
1. Joe Wick's daily workout for children - This can be found on Youtube and the live session is from 9am daily.
2.Choose a Supermovers dance and song activity to do like we do in class. Have some fun!
Maths - https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/supermovers/ks2-maths-collection/z7frpg8
Literacy - https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/supermovers/ks2-english-collection/zmv4scw