Hello all and a happy Wednesday!:)
Well done for everything you have done so far this week - I love getting your pictures of the work you do. Keep up the hard work everyone!
The PDF documents needed for the activities can be found at the bottom of this web page.
1.Practice your times tables on Purple Mash or TTRockstars.
2.We are now on SUMMER TERM WEEK 7 (w/c 8th June) on White Rose Hub Home Learning.
Please use this link - https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-4/
To watch the video for SUMMER TERM WEEK 7 LESSON 3 - HUNDREDTHS AS DECIMALS
You can access the video online using the link above and please use the PDF below and complete the activity then use the answers PDF to mark your work.
Focus theme: Water! (Part 2)
Two weeks of all things water! Marvel at magnificent waterfalls, take a stroll around some fabulous lakes, learn about the water cycle and enjoy some fabulous poetry.
When following links, parents should monitor that children are remaining on that page only and are keeping safe online.
1. Lack of water around the world. Before we look at the information about water shortage, there are some words that we need to explore: shortage, sanitation, hygiene, surface,limited, resource, disposed.Use a dictionary to find out the definitions of these words, e.g. www.wordhippo.com
2. In some countries, there is a severe shortage of water and in particular, of clean drinking water.Watch this clip below from Water Aid. Listen out for some of the words that you have explored. A World of Water – Water Aid Now listen/watch this poem below.
3. We are going to write a poem back as a response. How do you feel about the children having to walk this distance and carry the dirty, heavy water home? When might you think of those children in your daily routine? Watch the poem again, pausing after each thought, so that you can write your response.
At one mile, I wish my day could start like yours,
On a gentle walk to school or later to a shopping mall,
A party or a local park.
At dawn, I think about you as I rise,
My morning routine, the water I use,
I think of you.
I think of you beginning your long,
Arduous trek down the dusty road.
1. Using the PDF document below, ask someone in your house to read aloud the sentences for you (on the second page).You will need to spell the word in red from your adults sheet. Write the spelling down in the gap in your sentences. These are the '-tion endings' spellings from your Purple Mash Quiz on Monday.
2. Using the second sheet that your adult used to read aloud, please mark your spellings. Any that you got incorrect, please practice.
This week we are going to be thinking about prayer. You may have prayed about the current situation ; thanking God for the opportunities he is giving you, praying for your loved ones, asking for guidance in unknown times. Today I would like you to write a prayer for our school community at this time. You could use a TSP prayer as guidance (Thank you, Sorry, Please)