Hi all and a happy Wednesday!:)
Well done for everything you have done so far this week - I love getting your pictures of the work you do. Keep up the hard work everyone!
1.Practice your times tables on Purple Mash or TTRockstars.
2.Use this link for 'White Rose Hub Home Learning' - https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-4/
We are now on SUMMER TERM WEEK 2 (w/c 27th April).
Please don't skip to this weeks lessons as the lessons follow on from one another and build on skills. Summer week 5 will open automatically when you click on the website so close this and open Summer Week 2.
Today, (using the link above) you will need to watch the video and complete the activity for -
Summer Term Week 2 (w/c 27th April) - LESSON 3 ‘POUNDS AND PENCE’.
1. Watch Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them – Pets Scene: https://www.youtube.c om/watch?v=KwdSrNpz jiU
(Note: This film has a 12A certificate. However, the visual content of this clip just shows animals and is age appropriate. It does, however, contain a mild swear word, so if you choose, you may wish to watch without sound).
2. Read the fact files below from National Geographic for Kids about some real beasts! Ten Facts About Great White Sharks: https://www.natgeokid s.com/uk/discover/anim als/sea-life/great-white- sharks/
Ten Black Bear Facts:
https://www.natgeokids.com/uk/discover/anim als/general- animals/black-bear- facts/
Ten Leopard Facts:
https://www.natgeokid s.com/uk/discover/anim als/general- animals/leopard-facts/ Whilst reading, click on the words in bold to find out their meanings.
Use a dictionary to find the meanings of these words: https://www.wordhipp o.com/
Various, territory, communicate, scent, sheltered, streamlined, equipped, unsuspecting.
4. Choose one of the animals above and write down in your own words some of the facts that you have found out.
Remember to read back through your work and check your spelling and punctuation.
1. Using the PDF document below, ask someone in your house to read aloud the sentences for you (on the second page).You will need to spell the word in red from your adults sheet. Write the spelling down in the gap in your sentences. These are the suffix spellings from your Purple Mash Quiz on Monday.
2. Using the second sheet that your adult used to read aloud, please mark your spellings. Any that you got incorrect, please practice
1. Please make sure you are reading at least 20 minutes daily - there are lots of free books to read online via EPIC (a free app) or the library service.
2. Listen to me reading chapter 24 of Varjak Paw here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC31DVk_bURfrZg3gipraSeA?view_as=subscriber
3. Complete an activity on read theory, classroom secrets or from your reading booklet.
Art / History
Now that we know the Vikings came from Scandinavian countries, we need to think how they got here.
They travelled on boats called Long Boats - this is the boat that Beowulf travelled on!
1. Have a search for some images of viking long boats on google. Focus on the dragon heads at the front of the boat, the shields along the side and the long oars that the Vikings used.
2. Can you make your own Viking long boats out of any art materials in your house, materials that you were going to recycle or natural materials that you could collect on your daily walk/bike ride?
Please send me a picture of your Viking Long Boat on class dojo - I would love to see them!
Today, we are going to continue exploring '2Email'.
1. Based on your learning last week about being safe when using email, I have set you a quiz to answer about email safety in your '2do' folder on Purple Mash.
2. Go onto 'Computing' from your home page on Purple Mash, click on '2Email' and '2Email' again in the top left. In your inbox folder, you should find an email from me. I have attached a picture of something I have been learning to do during lock down.
I would like you to open and read my email, respond to my email using text and attach a picture of something you have been doing during lockdown by clicking on 'attach file'. You can also CC 2 friends into the email for them to open and reply to you too if you would like to.