Hello all and a happy Wednesday!:)
Well done for everything you have done so far this week - I love getting your pictures of the work you do. Keep up the hard work everyone!
The PDF documents needed for the activities can be found at the bottom of this webpage.
1.Practice your times tables on Purple Mash or TTRockstars.
2.We are now on SUMMER TERM WEEK 6 (w/c 1st June) on White Rose Hub Home Learning.
Please use this link - https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-4/
To watch the video for SUMMER TERM WEEK 6 LESSON 3 - FRACTIONS OF QUANTITIES
You can access the video online using the link above and please use the PDF below and complete the activity then use the answers PDF to mark your work.
Focus theme: Water! (Part 1)
Two weeks of all things water! Marvel at magnificent waterfalls, take a stroll around some fabulous lakes, learn about the water cycle and enjoy some fabulous poetry.
When following links, parents should monitor that children are remaining on that page only and are keeping safe online.
1. Read the webpage 3D Geography Rivers using the link below, which includes lots of facts about rivers.
2. Now explore BBC Bitesize Rivers using the link below. Watch the clips and read the information: 3. At the bottom of the webpage is a short quiz for you to have a go at. Think carefully about the technical words that you have read, e.g. tributary, source, arid, meander. Do you understand their meanings? Use a dictionary to help if you are unsure. www.wordhippo.com
4.Use the link below to take a look at this map Longest Rivers in the World so that you can see where they are.
5. Using all the information you have found, write your own quiz to test someone in your house! Think about the style of questions that you use. You could use a variety, e.g. - Multiple choice (where you provide a few different answers to choose from) - True or false questions - Question and answer When you have finished, test your quiz out on someone in your family.
1. Using the PDF document below, ask someone in your house to read aloud the sentences for you (on the second page).You will need to spell the word in red from your adults sheet. Write the spelling down in the gap in your sentences. These are the /k/ 'ch' sound spellings from your Purple Mash Quiz on Monday.
2. Using the second sheet that your adult used to read aloud, please mark your spellings. Any that you got incorrect, please practice.
1. Please make sure you are reading at least 20 minutes daily - there are lots of free books to read online via EPIC (a free app) or the library service.
2. Complete an activity on read theory, classroom secrets or from your reading booklet.
Watch the Story of David sparing Saul’s life, 1 Samuel: 24 using the Youtube link below. This Bible story shows that David had mercy on Saul even though Saul tried to kill him. This Bible story is based on text from 1 Samuel 24.
What would you have done? Why?
Did David do the right thing?
David became King - use the Youtube video below to explore David becoming king.
Think about whether or not David was a good King.
What are the qualities of a good King?