Hello all and a happy Wednesday!:)
Well done for everything you have done so far this week - I love getting your pictures of the work you do, especially your Literacy and Maths activities.
1.Complete the times table to dos on Purple Mash.
2. 'White Rose Hub Home Learning' using this link - https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-4/
Using the link above, watch the video and complete the activity for: WEEK 2 LESSON 3 'HUNDREDTHS AS DECIMALS' . The activity and answers are on the white rose website but I have also put the PDF activity and answers below.
Our focus for this weeks Literacy home learning is: 'Performance Poetry'.
When following links online, parents should monitor that children are remaining on that page only and are keeping safe online.
Today's poem = Gran Can You Rap? by Jack Ousby
1. Read and enjoy the poem using the PDF below.
2.Watch a performance of the poem. https://www.youtube.c om/watch?v=- AUPieW9fjY
3. Can you spot the reduplicative phrases in the poem? They are words like flip-flop which use alliteration. Can you think of any more flip-flop phrases? Have a look in the tables below for some ideas. Which have you heard before? Which do you like? Which sound funny?
Can you replace some of the reduplicative phrases in the poem with some from the table below? Which work well?
4.Can you join in with the poem? In sections, learn the poem with your new words and put your own actions to it. Enjoy!
1. Using the PDF document below, ask someone in your house to read aloud the sentences for you (on the second page).You will need to spell the word in red from your adults sheet. Write the spelling down in the gap in your sentences. These are the 'il' and 'ill-' prefix words from your Purple Mash Quiz on Monday.
2. Using the second sheet that your adult used to read aloud, please mark your spellings. Any that you got incorrect, please practice.
1. Please make sure you are reading your book at least 20 minutes daily - there are lots of free books to read online via EPIC (a free app) or the library service.
2. Listen to me reading chapter 15 of Varjak Paw here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC31DVk_bURfrZg3gipraSeA?view_as=subscriber
3. Complete an activity on read theory or IDL if you a log on.
To celebrate VE Day, please decorate bunting using the blank bunting template below. You can print it off or use blank paper and draw your bunting outline. Cut them out and glue them together/cellotape or use string/ribbon. Remember, the bunting was hung through streets to celebrate the end of the war. I've also added a Union Jack bunting below as an example. How else could you decorate your bunting? Please hang your bunting and send me a picture of it!
Computing = This week we are going to look at reading, replying and sending an email.
1. I have sent everyone an email! Please reply to me using:
- A different size, font and colour for your writing.
- An emoji in your message.
I look forward to hearing from you all!! :)
2. Send an email to a friend in our class. Try and make them laugh and make their day. (I know Maayany has already emailed some of her friends using Purple Mash - well done!). It's a great way of keeping in touch with your school friends. Please only message children in our class though.
Remember I am able to read all the messages and if anyone does send you anything that upsets you, there is a report button on Purple Mash.