As from Friday school is closing and therefore work will be provided for all Year 5 children on a daily basis. The daily work will be put on this class page and can also be found on dojo. If you need to contact me, you can dojo me in school hours or email me on email@example.com.
In the meantime, there are many activities your child can start to do.
1. There are Purple Mash to do activities. I will set a Maths, English and Topic activity daily. Many activities are already on.
2. Research about Sir Isaac Newton and write a non chronological report. This can also be found on purple mash.
3. Boil an egg and decorate it. Send me a photograph and tell me why we give eggs at Easter.
4. Practice the year 5/6 spelling list given out in the paper work pack.
5. Complete the paper work pack which will go home on Friday.
6. Draw an ancient Greek pot like the one you did in class and make a small Greek pot out of clay.
7. Read fiction, non fiction and poetry books. Write a book review or create a poem anthology. Write me a Limerick or a Haiku . Try and make me laugh !
8. Do some physical activity. Create a dance and record it like we did the other day.
9. On Purple Mash use the Database unit. Work through the different programs.
10. Have a look at the science investigations for forces on Purple Mash and see how many you can complete.
There is lots of fun learning to do at home over the next few weeks.
Take care everyone and please keep in contact through Dojo.
Many thanks parents and carers for your continued support.
Year 5 have been looking at understanding contour lines with Steve Backshall and Ordnance Survey.
Some of Year 5 have created their own topographic models using different materials.
Year 5 is taught by Mrs Cheetham and Mrs Woolley is the class teaching assistant.
English and Maths homework will be set by Thursday ( this will include spellings and timestables ) and should be completed and returned to school by Tuesday. One piece of homework will be set for topic work or science.
Daily reading , of at least 15 minutes per day, is expected of all pupils. A home reading record has been provided for you to comment and sign. All pupils must have their reading records signed. Reading is an essential part of learning and it is fantastic when we can support the children both at school and home. Home reading books will be changed when necessary. A reading activity will be sent home for your child to complete each week. Each child will have an opportunity each week to share what reading activity they have done with the rest of the class.
A reminder of essential PE kit
The following PE kit is expected for all pupils:
Indoor - Plain white round neck t- shirt , plain black shorts and black PE pumps.
Outdoor - Same as above plus a sweatshirt and tracksuit bottoms ( for colder weather ) Old trainers are recommended for PE.
Monday - Indoor
Thursday - Outdoor
For health and safety please ensure no earrings are worn on these days.
In order for your child to access water during the school day, you can either buy school water bottles or send in one from home. please only send water and make sure it is non-spill.
Through parent pay you can pay for all items such as school uniform, water bottles, trips, PE and reading bags.
This is a great way to keep in touch and on track of your child's achievements / rewards / sanctions. If you are having trouble accessing this then just let me know.
Any messages you feel I need to be made aware of can also be given to Mrs King at the office and they will be passed on to me, If you have any enquiries, I am available before and after school. You can also email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Themes - Heart , circulation, diet and exercise and Modern Day Greece
See plans below
Dates for the Diary
Bicycle Training 20th March